Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        How low can you go?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How low can you go?

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-11-2008 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think I just witnessed a new low.
A guy on our team kept destroying our own deployables and players.
At first I ascribed it to noobism, but as the game progressed it became apparent that it wasn't accidental.
This guy would climb in the cyclops or desecrator, seek out deployables, and willfully shoot them.
Have any of you seen this happen before? WTF is in it for him?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-11-2008 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes...I've seen idiots from time to time. Thankfully there aren't alot of them.

Just last night I saw a guy kill a teammate who was grabbing the forward spawn. It all happened right in front of me so when he went to go and get the spawn and grab his precious, precious XP I shot him dead and teabagged him while the teammate who was killed by him said "thanks".

I do it because pissing off assholes is fun and if I see teammates doing shit like that I target them like any other enemy and kill them on sight until they disconnect. And I make sure they know why I'm shooting at them.

Alot of these idiots think they're being sneaky. Just make sure to tell your teammates you have a cunt on your team. The good thing about this game is that there's a low tolerance of moronics and 99% of the players will help you kill dickheads or kick them if they know what's going on. :)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-11-2008 09:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
The good thing about this game is that there's a low tolerance of moronics and 99% of the players will help you kill dickheads or kick them if they know what's going on. :)

Lucky you. I have found it almost impossible to have players who kill you for vehicles kicked.

Any idea if servers get to decide how many votes are needed to kick someone out?

Anyways, I have always wondered what goes on inside the heads of those who do shit like this. I have a few pretty moronic friends but not even they'd ever do something like the actions described in this topic.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-11-2008 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure how the voting system works. I've seen votes fail that looked like they should have passed (9 votes Yes, 2 votes No) so I'm guessing it has to be unanimous on some servers.

Dunno really. I've never actually called a vote for anything but I think anyone can call a vote...not just admins. But I'm not sure.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-11-2008 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW Mikko...do you play as "CoachHines"?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-11-2008 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mikko is Marburg_Variant_PrP
Hannibal is CoachHines

Voting depends on the server, most servers have stupid settings, usually requires more than 50% of all players. Problem is, non-votes are counted as a "no", so even though you may have a 8 yes to 2 no vote on a 20 player server, the 10 non-votes gets counted as a "no".

Most idiot players suck anyway and thankfully they are by far fewer in ETQW than most any other game.

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 10-11-2008 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
BTW Mikko...do you play as "CoachHines"?

:mad:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-12-2008 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:owned:

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-15-2008 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
but I think anyone can call a vote...not just admins. But I'm not sure.

Yeah, you can (though some servers have disabled voting altogether which makes little sense) but that hardly ever leads anywhere.

But if non-votes are counted as "no" then it's no surprise. Splash Damage should definitely change this.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-15-2008 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not Splash Damage, the server admins have to change this.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-16-2008 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck sake. Just had another one.
And again, this wasn't about scoring XP, but helping the other team by crippling ours.
This time it was more obvious, because he had the same clan tag as the majority of the opposing team.
Christ, I just want to enjoy a good game, and not have to be paranoid about infiltrating fagtards :/

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-16-2008 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you make a note of which clan it was?

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-16-2008 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stupidly enough: no.
I was so disgusted I messaged 'fuck this' and diconnected.
Was some kind of abstract leet speak shit I can't remember.
But even if I could, I mean, then what? Avoid playing them, of course, but I guess there isn't much else you can do like 'report them to the "proper authorities"', or something, hehe.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-20-2008 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The other day (I think Obsidian might remember this) but it was all "generals" and higher ranks smacking down no0bs and they refused to mix it up. And - yet again - some of the fagg0ts on the other team waited until the first two objectives were done before switching. I even asked everyone on the server why they bother waiting before switching...after asking them three times to "level the playing field" before any objectives were completed. I wrote it in upper case so there's no fucking way they missed it.

I think one of the coolest - and most respectable - things about the [Q3W] clan is that we are about fair play and fun and are willing to play on the other team as a full member of that team with no mercy shown on other [Q3W] members in combat. Teabagging is mandatory and if I ever forget you should call me out on it.

We play to have fun and that's why I like hangin around with you fagg0ts.

Oh...and I'm starting to lean against XP in any game whatsoever because all it does is fuck up all the games they're associated with. It is a huge motivator for some players and those are the players I don't want to play with.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-20-2008 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Perhaps someone can answer this:

Can a player be kicked if they get too many teamkill complaints? Is it possible to kick the morons who target your team with enough coordinated complaints?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-20-2008 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, the server kicks a player who gets too many teamkill complaints. I just don't bother reporting you is all. >:( I think it's 3 complaints or something by default (it's a cvar with other boolean values for grenades, explosives, etc.). I have seen people get vote kicked after enough deliberate tks.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 10-21-2008 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I never f1 on reporting tks, and even removed the option to do so.
It just seems whiny and petty, and also it's often my own fault for getting in someone's line of fire :D

The whole xp-system is a bit of a double edged sword.
It's quite well done in etqw, mainly promoting gameplay that benefits the entire team, but it also inevitably caters to greedy xp-whores that only look out for themselves and abuse it.
I really don't get that; If you're so obsessed with your xp tally I think you're much better off playing games like CoD.
Still, I only incidentally see such blatant faggotry, and overall in my experience etqw-players seem to be a pretty professional and agreeable bunch.
So I still consider it more like a fun enticement to play well, and generally a positive feature.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-21-2008 05:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ive been playing quite some Halo3 lately. its by all means not a perfect game, but the XP and autobalancing system works really well

for instance, you only get XP if you are on the winning team. its also not dependant on your personal score, i.e. if you whore the flag in CTF to get as many flagcaps as possible you still get the same amount of XP as the guy who was defending the base. it works really well cause even TKers and loners find out soon enough that they have to work as a team to get their precious +1 xp. :up:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-21-2008 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Yes, the server kicks a player who gets too many teamkill complaints. I just don't bother reporting you is all. >:(

lol

You have been eating my mines lately.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-02-2008 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

I was just playing on the "Pink Taco" server and their admin was playing. He had the nick of "s3^ JarHead" and he's a first-class idiot.

Not only did he kick me into Spectator mode with even teams (I had the highest XP and most objectives completed from the previous two rounds...and it made the teams uneven) because I was owning their forward spawn with the Anansi and fire support on the last objective of the Area 22 map...and there was still 15 minutes left on the clock...but he also bitched at me for killing him and the rest of his team. He kicked me into Spectator mode and said,"Take the forward spawn, but don't camp it."

FFS...they ran over us on the first two objectives in no time at all and had already twice planted on the last objective (successfully) but we disarmed them. I kept them from getting back inside and gave my team a few minutes to get defenses up. They owned us for the first 5 minutes so I owned them back for the next few minutes and got kicked for it.

Then in then next round, this JarHead fagg0t would hog vehicles by standing where they were to spawn...until you went away and he could get the vehicle himself. He didn't care if you could be the gunner...he just wanted to make sure you'd get impatient and leave. ....and he's a horrible pilot. :olo:

What a fagg0t...and his whole clan is full of idiots who play like retards when they aren't on the same team. They're easy to own one-on-one...just shoot at them and they'll walk right into your bullets. :olo:

Sunday afternoons are a horrible time to play online games...all you find are inbreds. :tear:

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 11-02-2008 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm getting sick of watching my kill to death ratio fucking tank because of playing with idiots. This seems to be happening more and more...and no matter how crafty you are, or how skilled you are at moving and shooting, if you are the only motherfucker who cares about the objective, you are going to die..and die a lot.

My experience on pubs has been pretty good on the whole but within the last few weeks it's been getting grim.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-02-2008 06:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've noticed a huge influx of no0bs. I don't mind it really, but the no0bs sometimes refuse to take suggestions. They'll play 10 minutes against the bots after buying the game and jump online without really helping the cause.

There are alot of Rambos out there who think this is a deathmatch game. I've seen engineers flying Anansi around a map when they don't put up turrets or mines. They simply pick a class, grab a big gun or a vehicle and go hunting with no regard for objectives or team play. Many times on Volcano I've been the only infliltrator for the first hack objective actually hacking. On that same map as Strogg I've seen many players go as aggressors but never blow the doors they're supposed to...they just fight....and die because they don't know how to get past the wall. FFS...I've switched to aggressor on that map just to make a hole for the rest of my team then I switch back to hack.

Oh well. At least the influx of no0bs means the game has more longevity.

BTW...does anyone know if the PC players are playing online against the XBox/PS3 crowd? I've noticed alot of people can't shoot straight. I've spectated some players who really can't aim and I've wondered if it was because of having a controller in their hands.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-02-2008 10:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol....one fucking soldier...Obsidian...and the objective is to blow the gate. :olo:

I was the only engineer....trying to stop the non-stop bombardments. Everyone else was a sniper or a field ops....doing nothing but dying. :olo:

ONE FUCKING SOLDIER! :olo:

lol

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-02-2008 10:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol... I was wondering why no one else besides me could get a plant going. This one soldier planted 6 TIMES and no one could help defend it. :olo:

The weekend crew is full of noobs on one team and stat stackers on the other.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.