Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Easter eggs in Id games.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Easter eggs in Id games.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 05-01-2006 11:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Go on, post your favorite ones.. I found this one out today

Quote:
This is for DOOM 95, the Windows version of DOOM.
Yes it exists, no it's not different it just has a new interface.
OK, you really need a sloooow computer or slow LAN (both is best) to see this, because if you blink you'll miss it.
Right it's simple:
1. Start DOOM 95; select type of game: LAN
2. When you start, you need to connect to at least one other person or the computer will just sit there searching.
3. Once it's connected look in the BLACK window with GREEN text that appears.It lists some Credits, and tons of 'technical stuff' about sound drivers, loading, blah, blah, blah...
But at one point appears:
'Thanks Microsoft for f***ing it all up'
The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it! But it's really there. It took me about a quadrillion times before I could read the whole line because it lasts just a fraction of a second, it's kinda subliminal.
As I said it's difficult to reproduce, because you do need a slow PC (eg 33Mhz bus, P120, 16Meg RAM) which I don't have anymore.
Special Requirements:
Doom 95: ie Doom for Windows, LAN, Slow computer, a frien

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 05-01-2006 04:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found loads in doom3. I don't think many people got them though. Here's a screenshot. :)

http://freespace.virgin.net/roman.five/doom3-11.jpg

Demongay
Demongay
PostPosted: 05-02-2006 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:

more like you read eeggs.com. You didn't find anything out

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 05-02-2006 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CheapAlert wrote:
I cant spell u wrote:

more like you read eeggs.com. You didn't find anything out

No, sorry dumbass. What I meant was that I found out that it had existed.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-21-2006 08:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In Doom 3 on the final map, just before entering the stone corridor that starts the Cyberdemon battle, hug the left wall and move ahead slowly. You should be able to find a secret room with a PDA. It has names of the game's developers thanking the fans.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.