Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        John Mueller's concept art

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: John Mueller's concept art

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All of you that were around in 99 as Quake III was coming closer and closer to release probably remember John Mueller's awesome rendition of the character that would be Visor in-game.

Of course, the in-game version was considerably less-cool, but Mueller's art is still great.

I came across this awesome Quake III DOOM guy concept piece by Mueller, and I just freaking love it.

http://www.planetquake3.net/pic.php3?c= ... /doom2.jpg

It captures the raw DOOM II gameplay feeling, and also just sets up this awesome feeling of, "Hey, this is deathmatch -- I'm so ready to rock." Notice the instantly recognizable Quake-related symbols tatooed on his arm. :)

So, I'm looking for more of his Quake III work. If he's the guy that created the concept what Tankjr would look like, for instance, I'd love to see what that looks like... or Keel, or anything, really.

I've searched some, but I can't find anymore of Mueller's Quake III stuff -- just his comic book and some other conceptual stuff. If anybody knows a cache of his Quake work, I'd be more than interested in checking it out.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 03:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look in your manual, thats the same pic as the new Visor pretty much.

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

holy crap, THAT should've been the box art

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 11:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know Visor's in the manual. :)

Sorry if I worded it unclearly -- I'm not looking for Visor, I'm looking for the rest of Mueller's Quake III stuff. I've already got Visor and Doom, so now I'm looking for other guys like (for example) Klesk, Tankjr, Bitterman... pretty much any Quake III Mueller stuff I can find.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fury wrote:
holy crap, THAT should've been the box art

Definately. :icon14: I've never seen this work before. I'll for sure be looking this stuff up.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 01:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, its good work alright. That doomguy rocks, I always loved the grey/whiter doom guys :p

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The tatoo is not the only quake related object there...though I'm sure you saw the other one.

Looks awsome by the way, love that dark look that's in the picture.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah seriously.

Sooo has anyone had luck with finding any more of his Quake III stuff?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 11:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Aye, its good work alright. That doomguy rocks, I always loved the grey/whiter doom guys :p

nah he sucks...the rest is ownage though

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 11:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol you cuntflaps actually think this pos pic shoulda been on the q3 box?

lol gimme a break

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 12:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there ya go kids...you heard it here first

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alright, so now that the two Mueller pictures that I've already referenced in the first post are here, where is the rest of the stuff? :)

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 01:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why does that art depict doomguy as wearing ripped hose? Fucking gay, I tell thee

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

John Mueller likes men's legs, that's why.

:lub:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.