Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        For those interested -- Skulltag 96c

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: For those interested -- Skulltag 96c

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-04-2005 06:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skulltag has been updated to 96c. It's the most stable and featured DOOM c/s engine out there. (but can be pretty unfaithful to the original game sometimes)

http://www.skulltag.com

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 04-05-2005 08:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon14:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-06-2005 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still recommend ZDaemon if you're more of a purist though. :)

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've managed to set up a server in Skulltag that plays very much like the original executables, but functions with ST's Duel mode so it's a nice and clean tournament mode.

There are some details that I can't do anything about that would make the game more like Doom2.exe, but for now, it's the best I can do.

Also, the server is up and down throughout the day, since it's running on my own PC. But, if you load up the IDE Skulltag Edition (included in .96c), and you see the server "Map01 Duel," that's mine. :)

Perhaps I'll see you guys around. (oh, and ZDaemon 1.07 is making nice progress too... I have a feeling that when it's released it's going to destroy Skulltag completely -- kind of a bad thing, but what the hey, more players do ZD than ST anyway)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.