Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Doom 3 Xbox

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Doom 3 Xbox

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

any 1 get it? i got it yesturday, the limited edition and i have to say i am very dissapointed. not actually at doom 3 more of the special features i.e doom 1 and 2. i dont really wanna sound like an ass but you could fo at least thought they give some options on the co-op and death match on it, you cant raise the diffiulcuty of the game, so for some 1 like me who has compleated them both loads of times, so its piss easy when i play :icon33: and on the dm there isent any deathmatch maps, you cant set the frags, items do not respawn cant do team dm! and doom 3 co-op is over the internet and sys-link only! so that makes that poo! about the only good thing about the special edition is the groovie case! :D

id you could of made it sooooooo much better!

just my 2 cents

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 06:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I made a thread about this a few days ago.

And there is something you should know -- in Old Deathmatch, items don't respawn. That's just how it is. Respawning items came with DM2.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 12:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah i knew that but i would ov been really nice if they had put the option to turn it on or off or what ever. reallly how hard could that have been for them?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 03:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:

And there is something you should know -- in Old Deathmatch, items don't respawn. That's just how it is. Respawning items came with DM2.

Eh?
Then you'd run out of ammo after like 5 mins of play, no? :paranoid:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have it. After playing a LOT more of the single player game of doom 3x, it really, really, really is starting to annoy me... They have cut so much out its stupid. They cut out entire sections of the game FFS, the skybrige bit, ITS GONE, you walk down some more boring straight bits to get to where you would of done. They have cut our as many "outdoor" bits as possible. I've had like 2 so far, when in the PC i would of been on like 6 or something.

Its really crazy how much they cut out. STUPIDLY crazy. I know the box needed cut down parts but come on, this just makes it even more of a straight forward boring shooter. The amount of people i've had bringing it back because of a) how ugly it is and b) how dire and dull it is is stupid as well its going to cost us a fortune....

But, even after all that, the extras are cool, and U doom/2 are great. The movies are shit and old but some of the concept is cool and new. And the metal tin is about the best tin i've ever seen a game come in.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

as i say to all

"LOVE THY TIN"

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Mogul wrote:

Eh?
Then you'd run out of ammo after like 5 mins of play, no? :paranoid:

I regularly play Quake on a server set up like this (quake.xengroup.com). I didn't like it at first, but it does grow on you. WEAPONS stay, powerups respawn, but ammo, armour & health all only stay for one use.
Makes for very fast games...

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Old Deathmatch "rule" in DOOM II is, first to 50 frags wins the match. So you die pretty frequently. You will replace your ammo by picking up the guns again (because yeah, weapons stay).

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
And the metal tin is about the best tin i've ever seen a game come in.

Agreed.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just a quick question how meany got the limited addition?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did. Trust me -- unless you're dying for co-op, and/or you don't have the PC version, it's not worth your money.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 04:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The metal tin is £35 here, and the normal game is £30, so the %5 extra for the original 2 is not bad.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-14-2005 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

omg thats sooo gay i payed £42.99 for mine and the noremal one was £32.99.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 06:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are the Ultimate/Doom 2 games the same old pixels or do they at least use opengl/filtering/etc? It would suck arse if it was the giant ass pixels. :paranoid:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
I did. Trust me -- unless you're dying for co-op, and/or you don't have the PC version, it's not worth your money.

Aye.. its a joke tbh.. was playing around with it.. and i litterally dropped my jaw on how terrible some crap looked..

and it just dont "feel" right playing on a joypad.. :-\

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
Are the Ultimate/Doom 2 games the same old pixels or do they at least use opengl/filtering/etc? It would suck arse if it was the giant ass pixels. :paranoid:

Yeah, it's the old pixels. But they also messed with some stuff that's annoying to me.

They removed the silent BFG trick. All of the sounds are randomly pitched, not static. The music sometimes isn't quite together. I'm not sure how it gets out of sync, but it's true.

Split screen only mp.

This is the worst part of it by far. Not only do you have to play split screen no matter what, they don't even slice it horizontally. Instead of two truely half screens, they give the players really small versions of the full screen. It's hard to describe, but the end result is, it winds up looking like a Gameboy Advance screen rather than a tv.

Your best bet is to spend ten bucks and buy it for PC, then either play it on a Windows 98 box or download a slick source port.

But seriously, aside from the tin, every single thing about the Xbox collector's edition is a complete sham.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

randomly pitched sounds :(
i hated that on the old peecee version. the mac version didnt have this, huzzah

i guess a pc update added this option too, since i have it turned off in zdoom ;)

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 01:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I only ever got as far as that horrid bluesy thing on the second level of the original Doom, and after that the music stayed off permanently. Only game ever to have worse music than Marathon ;)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 01:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heresy
robert prince is the bomb >:E

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bobby Prince makes me laugh. Hard.

Geebs, it's good of you to associate his music with the word "blues" since the overall bass chord progression in a high percentage of his work is indeed the 12-bar blues. But he always adds really, really silly riffs and in appropriate harmonies to go with it. I love that guy. He did it in Wolfenstein, too. :)

And MKJ -- the randomly pitched sounds aren't in the original pc games. I think the first time they appeared was in Doom95, Microsoft's port for Windows. If you load up Doom.exe or Doom2.exe by themselves, all pitches are stable.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 01:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh good then. cause it really sucked :D

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 01:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember firing the pistol in RE2 on the DC after completing 2109824092364982374928354 times on the PSX... It sounded like i was playing a flute because the pitch of the guns went so high...

Not a bad idea, however. Its nice to have a little bit of variance in sound like that, and thats easier on the ram that way.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.