Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Why did id change doom 3's effects from Quakecon + 1.3 news

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Why did id change doom 3's effects from Quakecon + 1.3 news

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-14-2005 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember the plasma gun had a much better trail than it does now? I reckon it was performance based, but TBH i would think having all those alpha based sprites on the new trail would be a lot slower?

Oddness :p

BTW, patch 1.3 will be here soon. Its got EAX HD support, PunkBuster and bunch of other goodies. Those "other goodies" sound quite good but when id say "other goodies" they dont mean big things like maps or new modes or anything, they probably mean "Hey we dumbed down the railtrail" lol :p

Also, am i the only one that thinks id should do a Dreamcatcher? When they released the painkiller expansion, they gave everything except the single player game away free, which means that all the added MP maps, game models and weapons from the Exp Pack can be downloaded for free, so everybody can play.

How much better would it be if id did this with RoE? Doom 3 NEEDS those extra maps and CTF, and its not like there is a lot of content there.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 04-14-2005 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh that is really interesting.....hmmmm

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.