Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Quake II engine updates

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake II engine updates

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-11-2010 04:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey to whomever still reads this forum :)
I found an old Quake II demo I recorded and recammed a long long time ago. Now I wish to convert this to AVI and upload it to YouTube. My question is basically twofold.

First of all it's about getting the demo converted to AVI. I've found an engine mod that supports exporting to AVI. It seems to work pretty straightforward. However, because it's an engine mod I'm not free to use any other fancy engine mods that update the game's graphics. I'm interested if there's possibly any windows apps that can record AVI's straight out of my videocard's framebuffer and get the sound in there on the fly as well. This would allow me to use an engine mod for better graphics. Any general demo -> avi conversion tips are welcome as well.

The second part of the question is that once the first part is solved, what are some interesting Quake II engine mods that really beef up the game's graphics (while maintaining a distinct Quake II look). I've looked for o'dium's Quake II Evolved but that seems to have disappeared off the face of the internet. Any other options?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-11-2010 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fraps for screencapture ?
not sure if it does sound too, tho. but you could aways use any soundrecording app to record your soundcard's output, and sync them afterwards.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-11-2010 09:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-12-2010 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've used Fraps on Windows 7 and it captures sound perfectly well.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-12-2010 10:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting. I'll try it. No problems with getting the sound synced?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-13-2010 05:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recorded from Fraps.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.