Quake3World.com Forums
     The Void
        Cunting drunk drivers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Cunting drunk drivers

God
God
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 07:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now I drive stoned all the time; in fact a lot of the times I'm getting high I'm driving around. I don't know if this makes me a hypocrite but I don't fucking care. Some dumbass drunk driver almost killed me last night during a snow storm up here and it made me fucking pissed. He merges onto the fucking road, going about seventy in a fifty zone, misses me by about an inch - causing me and a car coming in the other direction to almost hit head-on.
Now, be some miraculous and twisted means no cars actually hit each other, I have no idea how that happened.
Anyway the drunk terrorist just carries on his merry little way swiriving all over the road. I couldn't get his license or even see the color of the car because the thing was so covered in snow. Fucker almost killed me and wanted to pay him back.
That was my excitement for the night.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thank goodness your so cool :puke:

Curiouser and Curiouser
Curiouser and Curiouser
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It isn't really total hypocrisy. Alcohol affects reaction times and judgement in ways weed just doesn't.

God
God
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not to mention the fact that I'm the man and can do anything I want.

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kn0wFuRy wrote:
It isn't really total hypocrisy. Alcohol affects reaction times and judgement in ways weed just doesn't.

weed slows your reaction time you saggy-titted whore.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oblivi0.on wrote:
Kn0wFuRy wrote:

weed slows your reaction time you saggy-titted whore.

no it doesn't

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

trust me...when i am drunk i am affected (reaction time wise) by alcohol. however, when i am high i tend to space out or stare around, and it slows my reaction time.

if you dont think weed slows your reaction you have been smoking some cheap shit and havent been high at all. probably sitting around smoking shake going "OMG MAN I AM SO HIGH". twat.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oblivi0.on wrote:
trust me...when i am drunk i am affected (reaction time wise) by alcohol. however, when i am high i tend to space out or stare around, and it slows my reaction time.

if you dont think weed slows your reaction you have been smoking some cheap shit and havent been high at all. probably sitting around smoking shake going "OMG MAN I AM SO HIGH". twat.

ahhh that explains it

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh wait oblivious is a moron, and he's wrong...

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weed definitely slows reaction times and should be treated no differently than drunk driving IMO.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
Weed definitely slows reaction times and should be treated no differently than drunk driving IMO.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/c ... rch1.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/c ... iving6.pdf

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/u ... .shtml#4.6

3 different SCIENTIFIC reports

shall I bother posting more?

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you can post articles until you die. it doesnt change the fact that everyone i know has slower reaction times when high.

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

personal experiences are more important than internet articles.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and being a heavy pot smoker and a long time quake player I think i know a thing or two about pot and reaction time. In fact my personal experience, quaking and driving while high, shits all over you.

MIGHT BE A TROLL OF SOME SORT
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WHEN I'M HIGH I FEEL DIFFERENT

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
and being a heavy pot smoker and a long time quake player I think i know a thing or two about pot and reaction time. In fact my personal experience, quaking and driving while high, shits all over you.

so, you are basing all of your information on when you play quake? fuck you're an idiot.

get in a real fight when high...reaction isnt on par.

PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OBLIVION IS RIGHT THE BEST WAY TO TEST REACTION TIME IS TO GET IN A "REAL" FIGHT. DON'T BOTHER WITH ANY OF THAT SCIENTIFIC REACTION TEST CRAPOLA, JUST PUT YOUR DUKES UP AND GET TO WHUPPIN'!

ALSO, TO TEST TYPING SPEED, DON'T TIME HOW MANY WORDS YOU CAN TYPE IN A MINUTE. INSTEAD, REST YOUR TESTICLES ON A TABLE AND SHARPLY POKE AT THEM WITH LIT CIGAR!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oblivi0.on wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

so, you are basing all of your information on when you play quake? fuck you're an idiot.

get in a real fight when high...reaction isnt on par.

ive been in a fight stoned, was awesome, didnt feel shit till the nxt day... as for slower reaction, yea thats true but your sooo much more precise ;)

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quite clearly I'm talking about two things which test reaction time, quake and driving. I didn't realize one had to get in a fight to properly judge reaction time. :dork:

I've driven at least 50 times while high and have never had an accident. Think I'd have as good a chance getting from a to b all those times if I had been loaded instead?

apples and oranges

PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I WAS IN A FIGHT WHEN I WAS STONED ONCE. I WAS BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF THIS GUY, LIKE PROPER STAMPING ON HIS TONGUE AND EVERYTHING BUT I KEPT GOING OFF ON TANGIENTS ABOUT SPACE AND TIME AND HOW THE MOON IS SO SMALL YOU CAN HOLD YOUR HAND IN THE AIR AND CURL YOUR FINGERS ROUND IT. I ENDED UP GETTING THE MUNCHIES AND EATING HIS SKIN

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love how stoners try to justify a mind altering substance as non-mind altering. Almost every fucking one I've met has this desperate need to make excuses for their drug of choice being somehow "good".

:icon22:

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
I've driven at least 50 times while high and have never had an accident. Think I'd have as good a chance getting from a to b all those times if I had been loaded instead?

Depends on you. I know people that have driven well more than that many times loaded and not had an accident. Doesn't make it smart, it just makes them lucky, same as you.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
I love how stoners try to justify a mind altering substance as non-mind altering. Almost every fucking one I've met has this desperate need to make excuses for their drug of choice being somehow "good".

I love how you haven't read the science. :dork:

edit: and I never said it was good to smoke pot. But you automatically assuming pot = alcohol when one is driving a vehicle is quite an illogical leap.

PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PERHAPS IF TORMENTTIUS HAD TAKEN A STEP BACK AND CHILLED WITH A BIT OF CHRONIC HE MIGHT'VE SAVED HIS MARRIAGE

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Tormentius wrote:

I love how you haven't read the science. :dork:

edit: and I never said it was good to smoke pot. But you automatically assuming pot = alcohol when one is driving a vehicle is quite an illogical leap.

I didn't say it was the same as alcohol. I said it was a mind altering substance. Pot is a narcotic and illegal to be on while driving, just like it should be.

Trying to excuse a narcotic which affects perception of reality as "fine while driving" is an equally illogical leap.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

again you refuse to read the science so here's a snippet of one report...

On the other hand the impairment in driving skills does not appear to be severe, even immediately after taking cannabis, when subjects are tested in a driving simulator. This may be because people intoxicated by cannabis appear to compensate for their impairment by taking fewer risks and driving more slowly, whereas alcohol tends to encourage people to take greater risks and drive more aggressively (POST note 113; cp DH p 240).

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 11:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

On the other hand the impairment in driving skills does not appear to be severe, even immediately after taking cannabis, when subjects are tested in a driving simulator. This may be because people intoxicated by cannabis appear to compensate for their impairment by taking fewer risks and driving more slowly, whereas alcohol tends to encourage people to take greater risks and drive more aggressively (POST note 113; cp DH p 240).

I've read the articles you posted. I also know from personal experience weed affects speed and judgement. Trying to justify it as somehow not having the very effects people smoke the stuff for is really reaching. Again, driving under the influence of anything is a dumb idea.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

I've read the articles you posted. I also know from personal experience weed affects speed and judgement. Trying to justify it as somehow not having the very effects people smoke the stuff for is really reaching. Again, driving under the influence of anything is a dumb idea.

well don't drive stoned then you utter feeb

many people are good cautious drivers when high though and there is overwhelming evidence to support this claim.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
well don't drive stoned then you utter feeb

many people are good cautious drivers when high though and there is overwhelming evidence to support this claim.

My point is that its a mind altering fucking substance, thats the very reason people smoke it. Driving under the influence of weed, or anything else that skews perception, is almost as dumb as driving drunk.

Curiouser and Curiouser
Curiouser and Curiouser
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:

I am not a stoner and Obliv can insult me all he wants to. Maybe I worded what I meant wrong. Weed doesn't affect a driver the same way. There isn't the same degree of danger.

I am not a stoner. I don't smoke anything or drink anything anymore. Driving under any influence isn't real bright: there are just different degrees of dnager is all.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kn0wFuRy wrote:
Tormentius wrote:

I am not a stoner and Obliv can insult me all he wants to. Maybe I worded what I meant wrong. Weed doesn't affect a driver the same way. There isn't the same degree of danger.

I am not a stoner. I don't smoke anything or drink anything anymore. Driving under any influence isn't real bright: there are just different degrees of dnager is all.

Totally agreed :)

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
Kn0wFuRy wrote:
Tormentius wrote:

Totally agreed :)

Tormentius wrote:

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:paranoid:

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 02:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
requote

FFS, it does slow reaction times and isn't bright to be under the influence of anything while driving. It should still result in a DUI, but I'm not saying it is as bad as driving while drunk. Following along yet or do you need pictures to help you understand?

God
God
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 02:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing as how it was me who avoided the accident I think we can deduce one thing; being stoned makes you a super-hero driver.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | The Void

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.