Quake3World.com Forums
     The Void
        Amon Göth arrested and imprisoned by SS?...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Amon Göth arrested and imprisoned by SS?...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-10-2016 09:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In honor of my icon I would like to talk about Nazis again.. I never realized old Amon from Schindler's Pissed was arrested by the SS for taking bribes at the camp depicted in the movie... Other charges however included failure to provide adequate food to prisoners and violation of regulations regarding the treatment and punishment of prisoners. None of this was in the movie and I had to find it with meticulous research(thank you higher education).

So can someone explain to me why the evil jew hating Nazis would charge Göth with these latter crimes? I understand the bribes but the others make no sense considering the historical context... Anyone? :olo: ...

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-10-2016 09:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

By that time, even the most stubborn Nazis saw that there was no way Germany was going to win. They knew that they'd be crucified as a people on the world stage for what they did, and it's likely they were trying to find scapegoats. This is covered extensively in the book "Soldaten", which is a series of secretly recorded conversation transcripts of German POWs.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 04:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought when the Nazis knew they were going to lose (by that time)that's when they ramped up the killing to cover up their crimes... Sounds backwards...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe Puff Frank can shed some light on this topic?... :olo: ...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

who cares? this all happened a long time ago

like you having two testicles

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So take note those of you who have a ball issue. Don't be so stupid and afraid, that you rush your decision to have it removed.

let geoff be a lesson to all of us.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it...

u planning to have ur other nut removed as well?...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | The Void

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.