Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Me v rufus :)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Me v rufus :)

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 11:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hehe. This was played just now. I've been practising against him a fair bit recently, and sometimes he uses me as a punching bag to test a new config. Gives me great advice too. His rail is awesome, but even more than that, his brain! He's really clever and ztn is his best map anyway. It's an understatement to say he knows all about tactics, and he's been in every possible scenario so it's almost impossible to surprise him. Although I did at 11 minutes 58secs, hah. Always knows where I am, so I've got no chance, but it's fun trying. Hey but a few weeks ago he was beating me 54-0. Today I got more than one frag. But not many more. :icon25: I asked him what div I would come under as a dueller, thinking he'd say 5. He said 4, but I could move up to div 2 if used my brain a bit more. So that's encouraging. This guy has beaten cooller, all stars aim, diablo, etc. He's just been invited to the ESO comp in april with all the top euro players, and then he's hoping to take part in the ESWC. Anyway, watch me get raped!

http://jamesseph.phpwebhosting.com/DRuM ... n3dm1-(ruf)-2005.02.22-18.03.38.dm_68

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

where's your pov?

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wish I'd recorded it. Didn't even know he was recording at the time. I'll bet if I'd recorded I wouldn't have even gotten a frag. I play even worse when demoing because I try too hard then.

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i played vs him once, it ended in 19-1, i lost ofcourse
neither of us were on our own system, tho
it was on a KPN (dutch telecom/internet corp) stand at a big event in holland (called the megafestatie)
about 5 years ago, when q3 was still new, there were like 30 pc's there, and there were 2 games of 15 player FFA, the 4 best would have a tournament, and the winner of that, would play vs rufus (for fun, tho)

I ended first in the FFA and the 4 player tournament, I won a webcam and a helicopter flight. after i won the tournament, I got asked if i wanted to play vs one of the workers at the stand, and it appeared to be rufus, that was quite a suprise ;]

I sold the webcam for a nice 110 gulden (50 euros) :P

that actualy reminds me, I also played vs fatality once, back in the very early days when i still played through mPlayer, i dont know the score, but my fragcount was negative for sure o_O

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd taken corsair ez :p

PostPosted: 02-25-2005 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

either you're fooling around, or...
did you ever had the chance to play on the q3stuff server? I remember owning the shit out all the crew, even tho i had the worst ping ;], great custom map games were played there, it always felt queer, playing vs real people on the maps that you'd usualy only wander around in alone, or vs bots :O

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just fooling around :p
Nah, didn't play there. I had a modem back then, and whenever I tried to play it felt like it was gonna blow. :|
I did play against you on the q3w LEM server, on your map. ;)
Yeah, its cool to play against real players on our own maps. Especially when there's alot of people.

q3stuff *sniff *:(

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa, I forgot all about Rufus!!

I remember watching a demo or two of him like a year ago or something and being very impressed. Good to know he's still alive. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.