Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        anybody have this problem with quake 3 mods

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: anybody have this problem with quake 3 mods

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 09:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everytime I connect using all seeying eye it puts my graphical settings back to default so I have to change them and reconnect. It doesnt happen with regular quake 3 matches just some mods.

Never dies...
Never dies...
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be in q3 discussion? :icon6:

Anyways... delete q3config.cfg for that mod

For example, if you wanted to delete your Urban Terror mod config, you would delete this:
C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\ut\q3config.cfg

Then next time you run that mod it will auto create one using settings from your baseq3 config. And from there you can start customizing the mod settings to your liking.

:)

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 10:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can put seperate autoexec.cfg files in each mod directory, that's how I do it. Consequently each mod I use slightly different settings so it works out well.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
You can put seperate autoexec.cfg files in each mod directory, that's how I do it. Consequently each mod I use slightly different settings so it works out well.
I did this with the q3cdkey file as well, don't keep getting asked for it now (unless it's a mod I've not played online before) :icon26:

no u
no u
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:
everytime I connect using all seeying eye it puts my graphical settings back to default so I have to change them and reconnect. It doesnt happen with regular quake 3 matches just some mods.

if you have a really old version of ASE, there was a bug that made q3 startup from the default directory and bypassed your mod settings.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.