Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Im Back

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Im Back

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-14-2006 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hiya not many of you know me but i was a member here ages back as jehuty but my account got messed up at one point and i decided eventually to make a new one with my most recent nickname.

I've played Q3 for over 5 years
Im a Student and as a hobby i liked designing GFX, making a website and even started making my own q3 maps (one im workin on is incomplete though CTF i need some peeps to help me out and make some suggestions.

My community in Quake 3 was on a place called Gifford and sadly the servers were lost and the owner has been herd off for ages. At Gifford i was known as the gauntlet king because as the name suggests....my favorite weapons is 1.gauntlet /2.shotgun /3.rockets :)

Heres a forum site that i've opened recently be nice to have some more members and make new friends to the community. At the end of this month after my A-Level Exams im going to rent a good Q3 server. There will be just 1 CTF server at the moment but with any luck depending how this place goes we could expand it and make more servers and add more game play to it :)

http://q3gifford.forumup.org/

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-14-2006 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe welcome back man

doen mind our newest mod of gd hes still kinda new

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-14-2006 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK sorry if I posted this in the wrong topic I didnt expect such reactions from some of you all I wanted was to make an introduction thats all :(

Besides when I first came I only made posts on the Level Design section and thats it havent exactly explored the entire site.

For future reference where would you suggest this topic should go besides the Bin??

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-14-2006 08:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quake 3 stuff, no matter how newb, is welcome here. clan recruitment, trolls, and flagrant off-topic spam will get deleted.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes prince I noticed the posts from last nite got deleted is that your doing? :)

BTW does this place have any Q3 Servers?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes and no, not anymore but there is a possibility of one or two coming about in the not so distant future.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 03:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are they going to be quake 3 servers or quake 4 considering quake 4 is new and quake 3 is about 6 years old. Only prob I see is like myself my computer needs an upgrade in order to play this game :(

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 11:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

would be nice if ax put the q3 server back up now that q4 is essentially toast in the US (esp since i pinged about 20ms to it :p)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shockblast wrote:
Are they going to be quake 3 servers or quake 4 considering quake 4 is new and quake 3 is about 6 years old. Only prob I see is like myself my computer needs an upgrade in order to play this game :(

probably quake 3, unless somehow id/raven pull a wonder patch out of their ass in the next 3 months and the game surpasses q3.

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 09:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
would be nice if ax put the q3 server back up now that q4 is essentially toast in the US (esp since i pinged about 20ms to it :p)

*sheds a tear* :tear:

Those were the days!!!!!

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-18-2006 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wat is ping?

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 01-18-2006 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:dork:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-18-2006 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a ping is basically the speed distance between your computer to the server the lower the better.

If it was ping 300 then as you fire it would take 1 second to fire at that position and direction u have aimed a moment ago.

If it was ping 0 you will fire instantly basically like in real life.

Your ping depends on 3 things

Your internet connection the faster the better and downloading stuff while playing increase your ping bear that in mind.

The distance between yourself and the server. If you are from UK and server is in USA you are likely to get a ping round 100. Therefore closer the better.

The server itself this will rely on it's upload speed if the server lags all the player within will lag too.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 01-18-2006 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shockblast wrote:
a ping is basically the speed distance between your computer to the server the lower the better.

More correctly put, your "ping" is the time it takes for the server to respond to your messages (round-trip time). Say it takes your message 10 ms to reach the server, but the server is slow and replies only after 80 ms (bearing in mind that the message needs an additional 10 ms to get back at you), you still end up with a 100 ping.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-14-2006 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi its me again now i got the server running

Atm i got:

12 player settings
OSP CTF
No password
version 1.16

195.149.21.49:27970

Is it ok as it is or would it be better off on a different MOD such as FreezeTag?

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-14-2006 02:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the version number is going to be a bigger problem than the mod choice. You're on 1.16 and the rest of the quake world is on 1.32. They're not compatable.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 02-14-2006 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shockblast wrote:
Hiya not many of you know me but i was a member here ages back as jehuty but my account got messed up at one point and i decided eventually to make a new one with my most recent nickname.

I've played Q3 for over 5 years
Im a Student and as a hobby i liked designing GFX, making a website and even started making my own q3 maps (one im workin on is incomplete though CTF i need some peeps to help me out and make some suggestions.

My community in Quake 3 was on a place called Gifford and sadly the servers were lost and the owner has been herd off for ages. At Gifford i was known as the gauntlet king because as the name suggests....my favorite weapons is 1.gauntlet /2.shotgun /3.rockets :)

Heres a forum site that i've opened recently be nice to have some more members and make new friends to the community. At the end of this month after my A-Level Exams im going to rent a good Q3 server. There will be just 1 CTF server at the moment but with any luck depending how this place goes we could expand it and make more servers and add more game play to it :)

WB MAN, GLAD TO SEE YA.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-14-2006 07:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shockblast wrote:
Hi its me again now i got the server running

Atm i got:

12 player settings
OSP CTF
No password
version 1.16

195.149.21.49:27970

Is it ok as it is or would it be better off on a different MOD such as FreezeTag?

1.16? Good luck with that.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.