Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Anyone who can upload Q3 taunt sounds?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anyone who can upload Q3 taunt sounds?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-21-2008 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A couple of days ago while I was playing q3 and taunted... and sarges taunt came up. The next time I played it came up with Warning baseq3/crash/taunt.wav [or something] not found. Using default. :confused:

Using ZipZag I entered pak0 and lo and behold crashes taunt was indeed missing. Can anyone either upload or link me too a download of the default sounds or w/e? Ive looked around but all I can find are bad custom sound :down:

Thanks in advance =]

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-21-2008 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think Crash ever had a taunt sound.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-22-2008 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SERIOUSLY? O_O

Thats... wierd :P

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 12-22-2008 09:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crash doesn't have a taunt... and there's a purpose for that.

She's the first gladiator that you play against in the beginning of the game. She is the first example of learning how to edit/modify something in the game. When you load her up you get a missing taunt.wav message in the console which tells you where to put the .wav file to fix the error.
That in itself explains the concept of the game going past the whole shooting at bots/humans. Kind of interesting.. I personally went to Hellchick's site many years ago and found one for Crash.

d1sturbing
d1sturbing
PostPosted: 12-22-2008 11:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

woah, i never even knew.

That's cool.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-23-2008 03:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, right.
it has nothing to do with id adding crash/tutorialmap at crunchtime and being ok with using sarge's tauntsound.

its like saying id initially made the scoreboard too small for 8 player games on purpose, so they could fix it in a later patch to show us 'how easy it is to change the scoreboard'.

Beggar@Q3W
Beggar@Q3W
PostPosted: 12-24-2008 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The name of "crash" has something to do with missing sound.
I've been thinking so.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-19-2011 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
Crash doesn't have a taunt... and there's a purpose for that.

She's the first gladiator that you play against in the beginning of the game. She is the first example of learning how to edit/modify something in the game. When you load her up you get a missing taunt.wav message in the console which tells you where to put the .wav file to fix the error.
That in itself explains the concept of the game going past the whole shooting at bots/humans. Kind of interesting.. I personally went to Hellchick's site many years ago and found one for Crash.

Could you tell me the website or somethin to get the crash sound cause i'm sick of having to use slash's taunt for crash lol

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-19-2011 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Almost any royalty free sounds will do:

http://www.pacdv.com/sounds/people_soun ... augh-6.wav

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 07-20-2011 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just an offhand question... can I record my own sounds and apply them to the game... without violating any EULA's?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-20-2011 06:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep. As long as they aren't fart sounds.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 07-20-2011 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DAMMIT!!!

:D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.