Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Which Mod has custom weapon placement?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Which Mod has custom weapon placement?

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 10-23-2009 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been playing on the CROM FFA server, and they have a custom weapon placement where their weapons are in different spots wherever they want to put them. It's a server side mod... Anybody know anything about it? The only mod that I know that you can do that is "diablo". I have that mod..but I was wondering if that is what their using.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-23-2009 10:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CPMA.

You have to put an exclamation mark in front of the map name when calling a vote.
Check out the CQ3 versions of some maps included since version 1.47:
ztn3tourney1cq3, pro-q3dm6cq3, hub3aeroq3cq3, q3tourney2cq3, pro-q3tourney4cq3, nodm9acq3, q3dm7cq3

E.g. you do:
/callvote map !ztn3tourney1cq3

All in the changelog :)
Slightly off topic: They improved CQ3 a lot in recent versions, got me playing it again :) Found out through the changelog :)

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 10-23-2009 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It isn't Cpma, it's something else. I actually use my diablo mod..and the ICE mod(which was made for CPMA), to make .map files for Cpma to customize weapon placement on alot of maps with the "!map" callvote system.
Whatever the mod is that their using is a server end mod, where if it was a mod like CPMA it would require downloading the mod.

I've never really gotten into the CQ3. I'm stuck to the Promode Classic(PMC), as I've been playing CPMA since version 0.99w. I've pretty upset that they made the ammo limit for the PG 100 though. =/

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-29-2009 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe it is a custom tailored mod.
maybe scq3as, or q3as with some modifications...
im just guessing on this.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 10-29-2009 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I searched through scq3a/ta a while back and no luck in finding that ability, unless I missed something in the docs/readme's. I went to their site and didn't find a link to contact them.

Here's a picture of the motd that pops up when you enter the server:

Does that motd style look familiar to anyone?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-30-2009 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't there need to be a client side mod for the MOTD style to change?

Have you checked your Q3 directory for a new folder to make sure it's not client side?

Why do you want this mod, anyway, why don't you just use CPMA, since it can do the same thing?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 10-30-2009 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Doesn't there need to be a client side mod for the MOTD style to change?

Not necessarily.

There was this mod back in the day, something with 'ice' in the name, that allowed you to vote on item placement. Great fun it was!

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 10-30-2009 09:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^misantropia^ wrote:
DTS wrote:
Doesn't there need to be a client side mod for the MOTD style to change? Have you checked your Q3 directory for a new folder to make sure it's not client side?

There was this mod back in the day, something with 'ice' in the name, that allowed you to vote on item placement. Great fun it was!

@DTS - No new directory..and there is some other mods that have that capability that I have, I just can't remember which one they were.

@Misantropia - I mentioned the ICE mod above=), which was made for CPMA weapon layouts on custom ".map" making which you have to callvote for and cannot just \map mapname in the console. \callvote map !cpm17classic is a prime example. Actually the Diablo mod which came out before ICE made the ability for custom weapon layouts...ICE just perfected it.

I just wanna know what these guys are doing it with..as Diablo/ICE could do it server side, but those mods don't offer the ability that the MOTD was there or changing weapon strengths. It also seems like a "beryllium" mod of sorts with Diablo.

..the only reason I'm in search for what this is..is because I'm sort of a collector of everything..you can pretty much name it and I've got it..

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-31-2009 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
..the only reason I'm in search for what this is..is because I'm sort of a collector of everything..you can pretty much name it and I've got it..

I hope your'e backing that up. That way you can be an archivist.

Do you collect Q3A videos aswell? Cause there's an old Q3A video or two I made that I'd like to watch again but didn't backup before my old PC broke. I already searched for them via Google but nothing.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 10-31-2009 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
I hope your'e backing that up. That way you can be an archivist..

UmmHmm, of Course! :D

DTS wrote:
Do you collect Q3A videos aswell? Cause there's an old Q3A video or two I made that I'd like to watch again but didn't backup before my old PC broke.

I've never collected video's, though I used to collect demo's from ChallengeTV, which is mostly QuakeWorld to CPMA/Q3 and a little Qlive now..which I haven't looked at. I used to send in my own demos but they can only be viewed with whatever version of CPMA that you recorded it on...which I can't remember whether it was 0.99z3, or 1.0? 0.99z3 was the last version that could be run without the Mappacks. I get pretty attention deficit with videos, unless I'm watching an Apheleon demo.

I've been testing Mod's and maps since the beginning, and that's kind of what got me stacking up stuff.

1,200 Maps<<worth playing
300 maps <<not worth playing :shrug:
20 or more alpha/beta maps from forum pop-ups(like Cardigan's promode map..a prize indeed!)
60 Mods
36 Custom Model Player skins
66 Q3A model remake skins(like klesk/damager for example)
69 Weapon Model Skins
...and a bunch of sounds, textures, shaders(like changing the look of the console), some scripts, and alot of stuff that just sits there.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.