Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Cannot run Rocket Arena 3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Cannot run Rocket Arena 3

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've downloaded RA3, but cannot run any maps in mod... But mod may be functionally, what I've seen on videos at youtube. I launch any ra map and the game will return me to menu. How to run any ra map without returning into menu?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The console should tell you what's wrong.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It writes:
Code:
ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: RA3-4

What does it mean?

EDIT: I've tried to connet into any server and at connect screen I've seen this message:
Code:
Version mismatch C-999.-999-999/S1.76._

Have I any wrong version or installation of mod?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-04-2011 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The RA3 server program version (number) you have is different from the RA3 client program version (number). They need to be the same.
You should get the latest version of each, that way it should work :up:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-05-2011 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS:
I have RA3 version 1.76. Is i the latest version or not?
Or the release isn't full?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-06-2011 06:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you are using RA3 version 1.76 as the client, what version is the server running when you try to connect to it? They have to be the same.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-07-2011 04:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dghost77 wrote:
If you are using RA3 version 1.76 as the client, what version is the server running when you try to connect to it? They have to be the same.

I don't know it. The server hasn't written version. It only shows the error.

But my biggest problem is running any map in localhost. The game will skip into main menu.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-07-2011 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chek your console for any errors when the game crash. Go in the console and check what happened when you tried to load the map. Not giving any details regarding your problem will not help us help you. For the server, you can also use a dedicated client for server browser like qtracker to browse the server list and at the same time check the version of the mods running on any server.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-07-2011 08:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm downloading The All Seeing Eye.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-07-2011 09:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't understand it...
I've connected to a server with 1.76 RA3 version, but it still kicks me to main menu...

I'm done now! I leave it now... No way for this...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-11-2011 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

have you tried connecting through the console?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-12-2011 07:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
have you tried connecting through the console?

No, I haven't. Well, can you give me an IP address also with port to connect?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-12-2011 03:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't have any quake browsers installed right now, but I found this:

http://www.quakeservers.net/quake3/servers/mod=ra3/

What you want to do is to ensure that when you load up quake3 you change the mod to arena. You can do this through the menu. Alternatively, you can use "quake3.exe +set fs_game arena" to the command line of your shortcut.

Once the mod is loaded, type /connect ip, where ip is the actual address.

Let us know what happens.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-13-2011 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First required an password.
Second was different version.

I really have an bad luck.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-13-2011 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and the third?

I see 2 ppl on this server:

rlogin.dk:27961

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 04:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
and the third?

I see 2 ppl on this server:

rlogin.dk:27961

Awaiting challenge...1...2...15 etc...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-14-2011 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

are you getting the awaiting challenge issue on other servers?

Also, I'm not sure if punkbuster is still being used these days, but if it is, you'll need it installed to connect.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 03:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you running version 1.32 of Quake 3?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Are you running version 1.32 of Quake 3?

Yes, I'm running version 1.32.
[xeno]Julios wrote:
are you getting the awaiting challenge issue on other servers?

Also, I'm not sure if punkbuster is still being used these days, but if it is, you'll need it installed to connect.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

I'm not sure, but I think yes. I have BunkBuster installed.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.