Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        pb fukup?

Post new topicThis topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: pb fukup?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-20-2005 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i just got kicked 3 times in a row because the pb servers I was playing on said I was using ogc.

I dont use ogc, i have never used any cheats of any kind...ever.

did evenbalance update pb recently and fuck something up?
anyone else getting kicked like this?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-20-2005 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wats ogc?

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 05-20-2005 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OGC = BOT

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 05-20-2005 10:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe you auto-downloaded when you joined another server?? its always good to keep auto download OFF methinks. :)

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 05-20-2005 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haXs

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

besides, it would'nt say you were using ogc, it would give you a code violation message with some numbers like so:
Cheat/Hack Violations:
When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.
#50000s - Aimbot
#60000s - Wallhack
#70000s - Multihack
#80000s - Gamehack
#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers
#100000s - Speedhack
#110000s - Autofire
#120000s - Game Hook
#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 05:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it said I was getting kicked for having "ocg_fov 1" or something along those lines.

I dont hax...never have never will...so if that wasnt a joke, fuck you.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It wasn't a joke.

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Peloquin wrote:
it said I was getting kicked for having "ocg_fov 1" or something along those lines.

If it says that in there error? Then it simply looks like you tried a bot or someone that uses your computer tried it. When it was tried it put the OGC variables into your CFG.

You could try starting out with a fresh q3config.cfg?

Rename you q3config.cfg in your baseq3 along with any other folder in your Quake III folder that has a q3config.cfg

Restart Quake III and start over with a clean config.
Don't forget to enable PB before you try and connect to a server.

Just a thought though ;)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it was an error..a very BIG error, because as ive said I never use cheats of any kind...never will...ever. i loathe people that do.

nobody else uses my pc, so that isnt the cause either.

Ive looked through my q3config.cfg 4 times (I even looked through my autoexec.cfg) theres nothing in there that remotely looks like anything relating to ogc...theres nothing that uses those letters in that order either. the closest thing to ogc_fov is cg_fov and thats set to 115 not 1.

i will however delete my cfg and connect to that server to see if it happens again.

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Peloquin wrote:

no, you said.

"i just got kicked 3 times in a row because the pb servers I was playing on said I was using ogc."
turn it off, or get a new cfg without it in there.

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that's interesting. :icon27:

I'm simply stating the obvious in what you've told us is all.

I suggested you to re-name your q3config and not delete it.

Kaziganthe suggested exatly what I did as well.

If you have any mods you play GO into those folders and SEARCH
those q3config.cfg's as well. :icon28:

But you know if you're preaching you don't cheat and have never then
this must be some bug with PB and maybe just maybe you should
email the guys @evenbalance.com your problem and specs and maybe
they have the answer ;)

Hope you fix your problem though.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-21-2005 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There is a number of reasons you might be getting those messages to read more, go here:
http://games.pacific.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6355

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 03:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been kicked by PB once for using 'hacked' videocard drivers (I was running Windows XP 64bit, with Ati 64bit drivers :icon27: )

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when i said i searched my cfg I was refering to the one in the mod folder i was using on the server i got kicked from. i deleted all cfg's from all mods and started fresh.

I wasnt able to find the server I was playing on tho yesterday to see if Id get kicked again.

the server I was on was called elite[dm] one of those "leetspeak" servers for a clan named xto...i hadnt been there in about 4 months, because theyre major league assholes. then i go back and that happens.

I have been in contact with evenbalance...i did that shortly after i posted here.

...and i suppose azer haXs aswell then too? even tho we all know hes just really good.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 06:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

S@M wrote:
There is a number of reasons you might be getting those messages to read more, go here:
http://games.pacific.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6355

says i have to reg to read those forums...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

busetibi wrote:
Peloquin wrote:

no, you said.

"i just got kicked 3 times in a row because the pb servers I was playing on said I was using ogc."
turn it off, or get a new cfg without it in there.

since you seem to be unable to let go of your fantasy that im a cheater im not talking to you anymore.

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*sighs* server admins setting their PB scanning of clients way too strict :confused:

*waves* have fun then. You've got this all under control.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this insider/outsider stuff you people got goin on here is slightly disturbing.

kinda thinkin it was a bad idea for me to start postin here again.

probably woulda been different if I hadnt changed my name maybe?

:icon27:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

eh?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i havent been around in ages but i'm locking this.

Peloquin, you've got some info here that could lead to a solution. if not, contact evenbalance (which you've already done) or even the admin of that server. they have a forum as well as an irc channel (#elitequake on ETG).

pb isn't foolproof so i wouldn't make assumptions that people are always cheating when they come in here and ask for help concerning bot related pb kicks. i've gotten banned cause evenbalnace released an update that assumed everyone that used r_subdivisions <10 was wallhacking. it happens.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.