Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Haha, if22 loves to moan

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Haha, if22 loves to moan

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For anyone that still has Q3 installed, check this demo. Fox v if22 at the ESWC 2003. Towards the end of the demo is where if22 moans and fox verbally owns him. I'm sure azer can testify to if22's notorious complaining tantrums.

http://jamesseph.phpwebhosting.com/DRuM ... 1-Fox-.zip

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a shame he kept making a fool of himself, he's actually quite a nice person in real life.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Azer wrote:
It's a shame he kept making a fool of himself, he's actually quite a nice person in real life.

omg omg omg you've actually met him!?!?!?

:p

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sure he is a nice guy. To be honest, all those players, including yourself azer would practise a lot, so it must be very frustrating to lose like that. But it's true what fox said, the better player adapts.

Hey julios! How are you? :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 08:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good my fond friend - :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

havent watched many pro demos lately but after watching that i've come to the conclusion that an rj script is a cheat. always argued for them.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought those scripts are a bit like cheating too. But apparently it's allowed in competitions. Still, everyone has the same option to script, so it's fair game. It doesn't give any advantage apparently other than to speed up the game a bit.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never tended to view rj scripts as cheating - there is a lot of stuff that scripts will never accomplish compared to manual rjs

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

like what obi wan?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 09:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Being able to adjust the angle at which you fire the rocket (as opposed to always straight down), allows for finer directional control.

Being able to adjust the timing of the firing, relative to the jumping, allows for finer thrust control.

Once you become a leet rjer, you do not distinguish between walls and ground - they are merely surfaces that require different angles of thrust.

Scripts tend to be useful for only a preprogrammed rj - usually it's the max height one.

btw i am not a leet rjer - i'm quite noobish in this respect - i think my system is screwy - i rarely get max height rj's when i use spacebar, even when i spend a long time trying to time it.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 09:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did you watch the demo? fox looked like he had it down, though he did rattle around a bit when rj-ing to the ra from gl platform.

i see your points but there were instances where he used it perfectly off what seemed to be walls and whatnot without a hitch, like from gl to sg on ztn and once coming out of tele to ra.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.