Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        .SIngle player bots are stronger?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: .SIngle player bots are stronger?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-24-2005 11:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dunno if it's only me. I tseems that when playing in single player (not skirmish), some characters can take more hits. I have to hit one with three shots of Railgun to kill him. Also some seems to move slower, some faster. Is this only my illusion?

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 05:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The way difficulty changes bot i think is hitchance and health. I believe hurt me plenty gives them equal health as yourself.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The bots will always spawn with the same amount of health as you do. The different difficulty levels only increase/decrease their aim accuracy, agility and things like that. The bots do not break the rules of the game.

As for single player vs skirmish, there's no difference in the amount of health or movement speed as far as I know, however, I do believe (although I don't have any evidence to back it up) that the bots are "smarter" in single player than skirmish.
I believe that the bots' behavior are fine tuned for their specific maps and this fine tuning isn't applied in skirmish.

Try beating anarki on q3tourney4 in nightmare difficulty in both single player and skirmish modes and you'll see the skirmish game is much easier to win.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure about all the types, but in tournament skirmish under bring it on they spawn with 90 and drop to 70. On Hurt me plenty they spawn with 115 and drop to 90. Haven't checked the others.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-27-2005 01:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
Not sure about all the types, but in tournament skirmish under bring it on they spawn with 90 and drop to 70. On Hurt me plenty they spawn with 115 and drop to 90. Haven't checked the others.

really?
I didn't know that.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.