Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 10:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah... it's a bit of a gamble at the end I find. That's one option, I have definitely made others that do that in the end game pay but I know I've definitely been had by people laying down too.

Nowadays, I try to find a building and go for it no matter who's inside. If I'm outside, I'm usually doing the dance so I don't stop moving. Laying down is something I do extremely rarely these days and even then, I've been shot a few times doing it.

You have to keep in mind that people far enough away from you will not see the grass and will just see you laying down. It's very obvious and an easy shot.

Cover is always king like rocks, tree's and buildings mainly. If the final circle has a beach/ocean on one side of it I'll always try to approach from that area as there's less chance of people sneaking up behind me and I almost always try to keep moving and never stop. My final circle wins usually come from having taken and controlling a house.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 10:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh also I've been playing Sea of Thieves. That game is freaking awesome, best water physics I've ever seen.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Just got my first chicken dinner.

Drop school 24/7 1 man squad go go go

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 01:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going through a bit of a Minecraft phase again. Colleague is running his private server and we're playing on it with a bunch of colleagues. Noting nearly as impressive as the q3w server was, but it's a pretty much vanilla survival server, so building is a bit of a slow and tedious process.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 02:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gotten a bit bored of Kingdom Come, so am flitting between Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Hellblade and more.
Would also be playing Civ VI if it weren't for the annoying sound bug.

Tried going back to Mankind Divided over the weekend too, but that's a hard game to like when compared to its contemporaries such as Dishonored 2 and Hitman. There's just something... rough about it. And for the performance hit, the graphics aren't that great either.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 03-05-2018 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Going through a bit of a Minecraft phase again. Colleague is running his private server and we're playing on it with a bunch of colleagues. Noting nearly as impressive as the q3w server was, but it's a pretty much vanilla survival server, so building is a bit of a slow and tedious process.

I had the itch to play this again over the weekend too. Survival is where it's at.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-06-2018 04:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This talk about INSIDE reminded me I have LIMBO in my Steam list. Unplayed and unloved. Decided to give that one a whirl.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-06-2018 06:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Eraser wrote:

I had the itch to play this again over the weekend too. Survival is where it's at.

Wow, the Q3W minecraft map viewer is still a thing:
http://mc.ciole.net/

awesome :D

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-06-2018 08:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hell yeah, babel map.

The days before creative mode. It got a little crazy after people got bored and some block editing tools were installed. There is still a ton of legit minecrafting on that map though.

Obsidian has a Frank Lloyd Wright in there somewhere.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 03-07-2018 06:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa, what tool was used to create the world viewer like that? I have a few old worlds from years ago made with a few friends that I'd love to be able to view like that.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-07-2018 09:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're part of the xbox insider program there's going to be one last beta of Sea of Thieves this weekend, at least, that's the rumor...

It's a pretty nice gem of a game despite its cartoony look. The open sea looks and plays amazing. During the last beta I had a moment where a crew of 4 on a galleon sunk my tiny sloop but didn't kill me. They also didn't notice me stow away on their ship. At first, I hid thinking they'd kill me on sight but the game being so new they didn't realize I was an enemy and thought I was part of the crew so I went along with it until I'd corner someone alone and assassinate them. I eventually killed all 4 of the crew then sailed the ship into an island where it beached and "sank". Fun times, the best part was their reaction of WTF Dude why are you attacking me!? right before they'd die. Best game I've played in a while.

Also, if you're not part of the xbox insider program just download the insider app, that'll give you the option to join and download the beta.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-07-2018 09:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Played it this weekend and it was boring. Go find a buried treasure and bring it back. Rinse repeat 3x. Didn’t see another player or ship the entire time. Really disappointed.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-07-2018 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep in mind the available quests and missions are limited but yeah, that sums up a lot of the game as far as I'm aware. I definitely ran into a lot of other ships though and that was easily the most fun part of the game. The ship battles can take a while.

One of the better battles I had was against a crew of 4 on a galleon. I wasn't trying to fight them so I kept trying to out-sail them until I came to an island that had an archway that led to a bay at the center of the island. I sailed into the arch, followed by the galleon. I dropped anchor, which spun my ship to the side and just fired the cannon at the galleon that couldn't maneuver left or right to avoid me it was a pretty brilliant moment that left them heavily damaged. I was able to make my escape shortly after.

I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea though. I only play with friends as crew mates otherwise I just play solo.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 03-09-2018 07:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rocket League

And Pokemon Go w/ my son.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-09-2018 08:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Of all those I mentioned earlier, the one that's now got its hooks into me is Bloodborne. It's really good! Best Souls game I've played since Demon's Souls. Then again, I've only played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne, sooooo...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-09-2018 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PS4 freebie? I've downloaded it too

Started Heavy rain today...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-09-2018 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Of all those I mentioned earlier, the one that's now got its hooks into me is Bloodborne. It's really good! Best Souls game I've played since Demon's Souls. Then again, I've only played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne, sooooo...

DS2 and DS3 are both excellent games, I highly recommend them, especially DS3 which I hear is the most like bloodborn which I haven't played.

DS1 remastered has been announced, I'll probably dive into that again.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 03-09-2018 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Continuing my replay of old games, this absolute little gem from Lucasarts, 1997 (holy crap)

Still remember the days of playing the single-level demo (PC Zone magazine disc) over and over!

The entire soundtrack to the game was available on the disc back in the day, and it's a "love letter" to Ennio Morricone. Currently it's my goto youtube playlist for background/work music :P

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 08:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Superhot.
free on xbox atm.. pretty weird game I'd say. but also fun.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 08:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The normal version's good. The VR version is spectacular.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 08:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Superhot.
free on xbox atm.. pretty weird game I'd say. but also fun.

SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 09:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
The normal version's good. The VR version is spectacular.

I bet :dts:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 11:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still think it's as close to a killer app as VR has got so far. The whole idea of time only moving when you do really works well in VR. You're not frantically moving around; instead you've got time to pause and plan your next move. Dodging bullets and grabbing the dropped guns of your dying enemies as they fly through the air just serves to further amplify that Matrix badass feel.

It helps that all the VR levels have been designed to be quite short in comparison to the main game, and that they don't expect you to move around too much.
If you get a chance, try it!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Wow, the Q3W minecraft map viewer is still a thing:
http://mc.ciole.net/

awesome :D

Off to find my Minecraft topic..... Thanks for the link Eraser :up:

I forgot to add I went back to Slither and do reasonably well score wise these days.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-09-2018 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got into Minecraft lately. I was uninterested when it first came out, but after watching a Let's Play where they used the Sky Factory modpack, I decided to give it a whirl. I've been playing nonstop for a few weeks now. :owned:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-10-2018 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was bored and had some colored sheep walking around :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-11-2018 03:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-11-2018 03:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still on COD WW2....and Knack on the PS4...

Lady Carlos uses the PC to play The Sims, so my PC gaming has been stunted somewhat of late.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-24-2018 02:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any of you slags play Destiny 2?
I'm trying to get buddies from another message board involved.
But they ain't keen, and I think I've hit my power level limit without playing raids, so that's my next goal. And I'd rather play with reprobates I know than random ones.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-24-2018 04:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoyed Destiny1 when all packs were out, spent a good chunk of time doing strikes and missions.
Destiny2 would logically be a continuation of the first, but as I understand it from a Destiny-fan friend of mine it is in fact a major step back from the first.

So I passed <3

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-24-2018 05:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well for a PC gamer who never played the first, a lot of the disappointment I read from Destiny 1 players is irrelevant :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-24-2018 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Makes sense :up:

Meanwhile, inching through Pillars of Eternity. I like it a lot but it's also very time consuming regarding the amount of lore and conversations.
Otherwise trying to get some Cities Skylines and now recently Surviving Mars, but I usually end up playing a few rounds of Overwatch instead.

Also closer to finishing the game room in my new house; set up the ol' Rock Band kit again. So I've been playing them drums pretty intensely lately \m/

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-24-2018 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm just playing Overwatch at the moment, but I'll pick up Monster Hunter World when it comes out on the 9th.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-25-2018 03:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same, really looking forward to that.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 07-29-2018 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recently installed S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl for another play through again. I can totally see myself playing through the series again, especially with all the new mods that have been released since the last time I played.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.