Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 07-29-2018 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Recently installed S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl for another play through again. I can totally see myself playing through the series again, especially with all the new mods that have been released since the last time I played.

Give Lost Alpha a try. One of the best mods I've tried for SOC.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 08-04-2018 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://store.steampowered.com/app/691160/Electronauts/

Lots of fun. Co-Op is awesome. If you like electronic tunes and have VR its a blast.

Well, and still Beat Saber because well its just to damn fun.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 08-04-2018 11:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Recently installed S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl for another play through again. I can totally see myself playing through the series again, especially with all the new mods that have been released since the last time I played.

Give Lost Alpha a try. One of the best mods I've tried for SOC.

Definitely. It was a bit rough when it first came out, but they've tweaked it enough to make playing it enjoyable. Being pretty eager to play anything in that engine to get that atmosphere, I'll play just about anything, heh.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 02:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice VR Edition

Holy shit. I've been just so busy with the Beat Saber grind I've been neglecting to fire this game up. Was bored tonight, did a late random game thing. Man I'm glad I was forced to VR tonight. Seriously recommend picking this up. Holy shit its good. And its pretty as hell. Like wow.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-21-2018 08:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

God of War

Simply beautiful

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 08-31-2018 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
God of War

Simply beautiful

:up: Awesome

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-31-2018 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Overall, no Sandbox-game.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-15-2018 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frostpunk will get a third scenario in the coming days.
I like it for the story-telling.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-16-2018 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New COD is fun.... Hate saying that. But its legit fun. Not sure its gonna get 60 bucks from me, but any kind of sale will get my bucks I think.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-17-2018 04:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watchdogs 2 was on sale so I picked that up. I loved the multiplayer in 1 so I got it solely for that and I'm enjoying it. I've some hilarious moments in the game so far. The game is to hack people, and then sorta hide from them for a few minutes while they try to find you. Kinda like hide and seek I guess. This one dude I hacked I accidentally got the cops chasing me, so I hopped in a cop car and turned the lights on and then pretended I was one of the cops chasing me. The poor guy was frantically searching for me but just never clued in I'd be one of the half dozen cops driving circles in a loop. I wish I could have recorded the whole thing it was pretty funny.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-17-2018 06:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know about nVidia shadow play Kracus?
Really handy for stuff like that. I've set mine to record the last 5 minutes of gameplay, so if something cool happens, I just hit a key and BLAM, moment saved.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-17-2018 06:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I play on xbox one and I have my recording set to 30 seconds. I think it maxes out at 5 minutes, would be nice if it gave you the option when you hit record but instead of you have to exit the game and go to console settings to change it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-17-2018 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it caches quite a while back actually so you can get a recording back.

that's how I did the 3 or so recordings I actually wanted.
maybe it's still limited to 5 mins :shrug:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-17-2018 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I've been playing Monster Hunter: World for the past few weeks. I was shocked when I checked Steam and I had over 200 hours in it already. I didn't think I'd have so much fun grinding for new and better gear, even after the main story stuff was over and I hit the endgame. :up:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-18-2018 12:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I was really enjoying Monster Hunter World.
Then Destiny 2 Forsaken dropped, and I've been playing that pretty much constantly.
Need to tear myself away from it and get back to MHW.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-18-2018 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frostpunk gets a 3. scenario now.
Foremost it's a RtSG but the strategy factor is kind of low in how the game evolves, it's really more about telling stories. Or has been in the last two episodes. And the way those storires are told is just fantastic in my opinion.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-24-2018 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got VR?

Creed comes tuesday. Pick it up if you want a legit ass boxing game. Shits really good. Really really good.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-24-2018 07:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wife and I just started Divinity Original Sin 2 on Xbox. Really fun so far...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-27-2018 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been playing the .63 release of DayZ recently. I can say the new engine has definitely improved game mechanics and frame rates.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-27-2018 11:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've picked up Wolf: The Old Blood again after what I thought was a few months of not touching it. Turns out it was 18 months...

I will report back once I have done some meaningful play through.

Also myself and Lady Carlos have been giving the 2013 Tomb Raider another blast...and what a blast it is. Despite me not getting on with it when it first came out, I am very much enjoying blasting through it and collecting shit. I love collecting things and this has things aplenty, so good news for me. We are enjoying it that much we have ordered Rise of the Tomb Raider too :D

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-28-2018 03:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I've been playing the .63 release of DayZ recently. I can say the new engine has definitely improved game mechanics and frame rates.

They released this on xbox one recently so I downloaded the trial to give it a shot... The words, absolute garbage came to mind.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-28-2018 04:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I've picked up Wolf: The Old Blood again after what I thought was a few months of not touching it. Turns out it was 18 months...

Also myself and Lady Carlos have been giving the 2013 Tomb Raider another blast...and what a blast it is. Despite me not getting on with it when it first came out, I am very much enjoying blasting through it and collecting shit. I love collecting things and this has things aplenty, so good news for me. We are enjoying it that much we have ordered Rise of the Tomb Raider too :D

Funny, I just started playing Rise. I was one of the people who liked Tomb Raider 2013, even tho it hardly had any tomb raiding.

Rise... eehh it's ok. It has two major flaws I feel; one: it tried to compensate for the lack of Tombing in the previous game by constantly giving you side missions, challenges and tombs to the point where it becomes a chore, and second the story is all about shooty shooty runny runny, which makes the aforementioned tombing way out of place. I have to save this and that before he and she dies! But first, 3 days of trudging through the wilderness in search of optional crypts and murals.
It makes for a stark contrast where the game has a hard time deciding if it wants to be an action game or a puzzle platforming collectathon. In my eyes it fails at trying to be both.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-02-2018 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

worth getting the 1x?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-02-2018 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NHL 19 and Witcher 3

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 10-02-2018 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started playing Indigo Prophecy known as Fahrenheit everywhere else in the world.

It has aged surprisingly well.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-03-2018 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
worth getting the 1x?

Depends... I have a one x and an OG Xbone setup side by side and I've run many games side by side. The one x has obviously better graphics and loads everything faster and probably has better framerates. If those things matter to you then yes, it's well worth it. If not, then I would pass. It made a big difference when I played PUBG as you'd be able to dive down, land and start looting instantly as all the buildings and weapons would load by the time your feet touched the ground while on the old xbox buildings wouldn't be fully loaded and would take 10 - 20 seconds to fully load making looting or entering buildings impossible.

My kids were playing Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and both started the game at the same time so they were roughly in the same spots in the game simultaneously so I could see quite a difference in the graphics as both were displaying the same scenes.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-03-2018 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought Skyrim like 10 years ago or whatever... my 'puter was too shitty to run it. I think I got 1 or 2fps on the shittiest settings. While back my vid card ate shit so I slotted a new one in. Fast fwd another 2 years and I was poking around in Steam one day out of boredom and I saw Skyrim there, "aw shit I paid for this and never even got past the fucking opening scene, let's give it a whirl." Helluva drug.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-03-2018 09:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

Funny, I just started playing Rise. I was one of the people who liked Tomb Raider 2013, even tho it hardly had any tomb raiding.

Rise... eehh it's ok. It has two major flaws I feel; one: it tried to compensate for the lack of Tombing in the previous game by constantly giving you side missions, challenges and tombs to the point where it becomes a chore, and second the story is all about shooty shooty runny runny, which makes the aforementioned tombing way out of place. I have to save this and that before he and she dies! But first, 3 days of trudging through the wilderness in search of optional crypts and murals.
It makes for a stark contrast where the game has a hard time deciding if it wants to be an action game or a puzzle platforming collectathon. In my eyes it fails at trying to be both.

Interesting...

I "finished" Tomb Raider yesterday (92%) and popped ROTT in...ooohhh it's pretty

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-04-2018 02:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's gorgeous, the environments are very immersive.
I also like that there's different weather conditions and times of day, separate from the level you're in.
So one time you load the game and you're in a morning sunrise, the other time the same level is during a nightly storm.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-04-2018 01:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
worth getting the 1x?

Depends... I have a one x and an OG Xbone setup side by side and I've run many games side by side. The one x has obviously better graphics and loads everything faster and probably has better framerates. If those things matter to you then yes, it's well worth it. If not, then I would pass. It made a big difference when I played PUBG as you'd be able to dive down, land and start looting instantly as all the buildings and weapons would load by the time your feet touched the ground while on the old xbox buildings wouldn't be fully loaded and would take 10 - 20 seconds to fully load making looting or entering buildings impossible.

My kids were playing Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and both started the game at the same time so they were roughly in the same spots in the game simultaneously so I could see quite a difference in the graphics as both were displaying the same scenes.

I'm ordering one with a USB SSD

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-05-2018 03:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been thinking of getting an external drive as well. I've heard that the benefits of an SSD on an xbox one x is negligible. One redditor actually swapped his internal drive with an ssd and found that it actually increased load times. Either way, that extra space would be nice to have, I went through 1TB in a few weeks.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-06-2018 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've put a 2tb drive in my PS Pro and I used the 1tb drive for my normal PS4 (Spare room console).

I can see how Sony and MS can justify selling a 500gb drive in a console any more.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-07-2018 02:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought a 2tb external like two years ago, not until now that's it's close to filling up.
I have a little under 200 games installed. It's only the big hitters that will cause problems on a 500gb drive (ie Forza, Halo MCC and such). Most games are around 6gb.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-07-2018 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isn’t Red Ded Redemption 2 over 100 gig? Better make some space...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-08-2018 09:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Bought a 2tb external like two years ago, not until now that's it's close to filling up.
I have a little under 200 games installed. It's only the big hitters that will cause problems on a 500gb drive (ie Forza, Halo MCC and such). Most games are around 6gb.

Add any DLC onto the mix and you're screwed
Any COD game is 60+ gig
Wolf games are 40gig

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.