Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Quake 4 v1.1 Official Point Release - Revoked March 28

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 4 v1.1 Official Point Release - Revoked March 28

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 03-26-2006 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The QUAKE 4 1.1 Point Release update is now available. This highly anticipated patch addresses a number of issues throughout both single and multiplayer, with a heavy and attentive focus on improving the multiplayer experience. Such improvments include: a fixed pure server system, a new AddonPak autodownloading system, voice chat in multiplayer, a forcemodel option, brightskins, smooth stairjumping, a one-minute warning for tournament matches, Hyper-Threading Technology and Dual Core support as well as a ton of multiplayer specific fixes which have been requested by the community and discovered during our own gameplay. For a complete list of new features, fixes, and changes, please see the ReadMe file. Link to ReadMe: working URL

This update will bring any previous version of the game completely up to date, however it will affect pure server and protocol consistency. Therefore, players who update to 1.1 will only be able to play multiplayer against other 1.1 users, and save games created on previous versions of the game will not be compatible with the 1.1 update.

Feature Overview:
Hyper-Threading Technology:
This update enables QUAKE 4 to take advantage of the Hyper-Threading Technology of Intel(r) Dual core processors. Players who have computer systems with this processor will notice significant performance gains in QUAKE 4. With the update, systems with a single core processor which uses the Hyper-Threading Technology will have a performance jump of up to 25% compared to non Hyper-Threaded processors. Dual core processors with Hyper-Threading Technology will see a performance increase of up to 87%. In short, systems with this technology will see the game run much faster than ever before.

[+]Learn How to Enable Hyper-Threading Technology in the Game

New Maps

Outpatient - q4dm10
Cold, blood-stained hallways and flickering fluorescent lights set the mood in this once active Strogg medical complex. The heart-pounding pace of this map will keep players racing through the winding corridors, but only the quickest will survive. In addition to traditional DM, Outpatient can also be played in Team Deathmatch and Tourney modes.

Skeleton Crew- q4dm11
The dark empty void that surrounds this stranded space station offers no pity for those lost in battle. This multi level arena generates fast paced action that commands the attention of players in all skill levels. Expert navigation of the twists and turns that lead from deck to deck will be your only ally. Engage your foes in Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch games. As an added challenge you can also battle it out 1v1 style in Tourney mode.

Mind the Gap - q4ctf6
This massive processing factory uses alien technology to mine from the core of Stroggos itself - be sure to Mind The Gap in each base which only leads to an inescapable abyss and your death. This muti-tiered structure defies description and will leave only the heartiest and most cunning soldiers as the victors! Contest your team’s supremacy in CTF or Arena CTF modes.

Double Edged - q4ctf8
Double Edged revisits the Quake II(tm) classic… with a twist – Capture the Flag! The battle arena has been doubled so brush up on your long range weapon skills, but don’t fret if your Rail isn’t exactly "impressive." You’ll also find some tight corridors for those of you more comfortable with in-your-face combat. Destined to be a classic in its own right, settle those team grudge matches in this remix of a classic in CTF or Arena CTF battle.

Forcemodels
Added a forcemodel option. Typing one of the three commands below and using tab complete will bring up a list of usable models for that command:

Brightskins

Pro models for Marine and Strogg have been added. These two new skins are new game content and not replacements for the originals. They can be selected from the Multiplayer menu. Their names are "Pro Marine" and "Pro Strogg".

The combination of forcemodels and brightskins offer a dramatic increase in visibility,

for pics and links to the PointRelease head on over to:
http://www.idsoftware.com/

ninja edit: thanks for posting this xchaser, I fixed a few of your URLs

Last edited by xchaser on 03-28-2006 10:32 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 03-26-2006 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The download link isnt working...

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 03-26-2006 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its not March 27 here in the US.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-26-2006 08:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
lol, cool how the download link is randomized to say funny shit after you click on it

What?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-26-2006 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.idsoftware.com/adamtest/

Click on the download links. Pretty funny stuff.

Go to http://www.uzaclan.net for more details or just connect to: 67.19.62.215:28004
Stats are kept on uZaClan.net

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 03-26-2006 08:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck yeah. Those skins look fantastic. I hope my hardware comes tomorrow.

By the way, did they add a feature to adjust how much of the gun model you can view yet?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-26-2006 11:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did they fix the mouse?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 12:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Did they fix the mouse?

yes.

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 01:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

God damn it!

I was hoping this piece of shit patch would be out already. :icon33: :icon33: :icon33:

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guys the Readme file has what they fix ---> http://www.idsoftware.co...e4/readme_update_11.htm

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well today its the 27 and still nothing !!!

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well it might be soon cuz the id web site is down. mo0n said a little birdie told him it would be out 10am cst texas time.

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK thanks, ill check later on...

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Argh, still not out.

Reminds me of the shareware doom release.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

{uZa}FreakOfNature wrote:
http://www.idsoftware.com/adamtest/

Click on the download links. Pretty funny stuff.
Same error message here every time (not authorized to view this page, both FF and IE).

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Same error message here every time (not authorized to view this page, both FF and IE).

The URL was changing earlier...just someone at id, messing with us. It's just a test site after all.

something someone found that the public wasn't supposed to see yet.

Anyhoo.... waiting somewhat impatiently for the patch. Excited about playing tonight !!

C'mon id ! :)

Jagou

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, definetly a "CashMoney should NOT have any coffee" day.

/me goes back to pacing

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you should be in #q41v1 thoes guys are going nuts their LOL

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 03-27-2006 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Good news. The official release *should* be tomorrow. But if anyone needs the 1.1 final SDK a day early, pm me what mod it's for and an upload location and I can give you either or both the win32 and linux SDKs."

This was said on the 27th.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 02:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.idsoftware.com/downloads/sha ... _Patch.zip is what I've been given. And http://www.idsoftware.com/downloads/sha ... x86.run.gz

It's still not officially out, something to do with Activision's business rules I read. However, the .exe in the .zip file above is from Activision and does say "Quake 4(TM) 1.1 Patch", so I think it's the real deal. May be worth downloading in order to beat the rush later, but it might also turn out not to be the correct patch.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 03:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

34 KB/s, will take about an hour. If this isn't the real deal, i'll just redl from planetquake4.net. Gonna check out the new maps in 50 minutes. :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I've installed it, anyway, and it's good enough to try the maps out. I think Double Edged could be OK, actually. I don't like the look of Mind the Gap, though.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 06:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From the first look it seems that they still haven't addressed a lot of important issues. The SG spread pattern is still fucked. I doubt that they've had the guts to implement any of the gameplay changes suggested by SyncError at ESR... Instead of real fixes, we get extra maps and brightskins - exactly what i was afraid of. :/ And why couldn't they even include a demo playback menu?! :icon21:

pm_ZoomedSlow works well though. Perhaps it should be set to a value of something like 20 by default. That seems to replicate the Q3 zoom sens pretty well (1/5th or 20% of normal sens).

Stop mapping and start coding... :dork:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I rather hope they have mappers mapping and coders coding. If the coders are mapping, maybe that explains Relativity. =)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On the bright side, that map should actually run with this patch.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 09:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the 1.2 patch will be about gameplay changes, this patch is just to fix all the issues and add a few things. For those who didn't know. If needed I can post another link since the other was locked.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SyncError has said that multiple times on ESR I believe.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
where did this morsel of info come from?

Seen on ESR.

Jagou

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 01:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.1 final definatelly fixed the mouse problem introduced in the 1.1 beta. :icon25: :icon25: :icon25:

It's a good enough patch for me.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This seems like a pretty stupid question, but who's this SyncError fellow?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's the new public relations/IT guy for id software.

Hey guys, I've updated my server with the patch if you guys wanna check it out. IP's in my sig.

Go to http://www.uzaclan.net for more details or just connect to: 67.19.62.215:28004
Stats are kept on uZaClan.net

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ganemi wrote:
This seems like a pretty stupid question, but who's this SyncError fellow?

LOL NOOB

But really... Id lost touch with the community so they hired this sync guy to communicate with the community and tell Id what we want most.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seems to be working fine, huh?

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm gonna be updating denziis today. My ISP is screwing me over, I'm capped at 45KBs. Taking an hour to dl this god damn thing. probably 3 times as long to up it.

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 03-28-2006 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am way happy I love the feel. Fast and it feels like q3. gg idsoftware you know how to make mp games.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.