Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 11-27-2008 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 12:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 01:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

troll?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a moron either way

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

happy go lucky - good stuff. Recommend this as a date movie also.

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tropic Thunder: 6/10 The best work Tom Cruise has ever done, full stop.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Therac-25 wrote:
I haven't seen a bond movie since that annoying one with the hacker who got doused with liquid nitrogen or whatever. The series is just lame now.

why would you stop there? that was goldeneye and it was pretty good. the ones after that i can understand why you would stop watching.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transporter 3 - 6.5/10

Exactly what I expected. No disappointments. I came for a cheesy action flick and received a cheesy action flick with a male stripper.

Could use more action and less romance/stripping but I got exactly what I paid for. I'm still not sure if it's worth adding to the shelves though.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 02:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

transporter3 would be 6.0/10 i agree

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 02:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bank Job 8/10 A good heist flick loosely based on the Great Baker Street Robbery of 1971. This is one of Jason Statham's better roles since Guy Ritchie's earlier movies.

Kung Fu Panda - 7/10 Good kids movie with some laughs for any age.

88 minutes - 5/10 It was decent but not amazing by any stretch. The plot build-up started well but the ending turned out to be rather anti-climactic. On the plus side much of it was shot in my home city so picking out local buildings and scenery added some extra entertainment.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gattaca

one of my favorite movies, I watch it every couple years. "You want to know how I did it, Anton? I never saved anything for the swim back."

10/10

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Burn After Reading.

Quite enjoyable Coen bros flick.
I liked the way Brad Pitt and George Clooney play dispicable, sad characters, instead of the usual 'cool guys' they usually portray.
However, you can't help feeling they're just doing it to get some 'asshole-credibilty' for future movies. Actors like these are just tainted too much, imo.
Would have worked better with other actors.

24 - Redemption

Not really a movie, more an extended prologue to the next series, but still...
Jack Bauer back in action. It's what we all like to see, right. Taking out bad guys, getting tortured a bit, but then saving the day in the end.
Kiddie soldiers in Africa, this time, awful, but he gets to save a few.
Quality actors like Robert Carlyle thrown in the mix, and they really made it look like Far Cry 2!

It's also all very right wing: the UN is personified in a cowardly, weasly dick.
Making us believe: fuck the UN. If you want to get something real done, don't count on that pussy UN.

Anyway, politically correctness not withstanding, I'm probably going to continue to watch this series, because I'm a whore like that.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-30-2008 12:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Righteous Kill = 9/10 - DeNiro, Al Pacino (and the rest of the cast) give good performances with top-notch editing and cinematography but the "twist" is obvious to anyone paying attention so it's no surprise when it happens. This isn't the greatest movie Pacino and DeNiro have worked together on but they don't disappoint.

Superman 4 - Quest For Peace = Fuck off/10 - lol...what a piece of shit. Bad in every way imaginable.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 03:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quantum of Solace - 7/10

Worked well and I enjoyed how it was a follow on. You finally see Bond turning into Bond at the end of the film after he found he was betrayed by Vespa. His blatant disreguard for woman will be there for all to see now.

*spoiler alert*

There were some bad points, camera work not being one of them. The whole Opera thing was a bit rubbish , it had no reason to be in the film. Greene was a little looser and the whole Quantum thing was massively underplayed. They needed some real villians at the top of the chain that we could see were evil instead of greasey limp boring wannbes. Also the Alfa keeping up with the DBS was laughable.

But overall I enoyed it :)

God
God
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 05:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Opera scene was the best part of the film.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 06:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sweet jesus...

God
God
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Sweet jesus...

What? Are you marveling at your apparent lack of taste in things? It was pretty much the only part of the film where he used any degree of cunning. I can't really see what your problem with it would be.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 08:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The whole set up. Perhaps it was me being far too picky but the though of listening to a full blown convosation with a small ear peice in the middle of an opera seemed silly...

he says watching a Bond film...

hmmmm

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 08:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hu here watched wall-E
tht films a 10/10 movie

God
God
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The whole set up. Perhaps it was me being far too picky but the though of listening to a full blown convosation with a small ear peice in the middle of an opera seemed silly...

he says watching a Bond film...

hmmmm

Wait, did you not understand what was happening? They were having a secret meeting. The opera was just a front for the whole thing. Each member of the secret organization was there as a "special guest" and in each gift basket there was an inner ear piece. The opera wouldn't be heard because the ear piece is directly in the ear.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 09:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I understood what was happening - just the listening to the convo in the middle of an opera got me. Perhaps its because I have cloth ears >:E

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-01-2008 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

indiana jones & the kingdom of the crystal skull - 6.5/10

didn't break any new ground or scale any new heights and stuck to the old indy formula pretty well, and i got the impression harrison ford and especially karen allen were phoning it in, but otherwise good popcorn

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Surveillance = 8/10 - A pretty twisted movie that entertains beginning to end.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I ordered wall-e on bluray. it's a great film, stunning in HD and very funny.

8.5 - 10

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did it have the Rabbit at the begining - That was ace :D

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I ordered wall-e on bluray.

Almost picked it up at wallyworld a sec ago but they were out of the 3 disk special thingy. We should have a movie night together soon.

And the little rabbit short at the beginning of the film was pretty cool. :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 03:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Presto's an extra on the BR along with another short called burn-e which runs in parallel to the film.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transporter 3

lol

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 08:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Transporter 3

lol

10/10? :sly:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-02-2008 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On a Spider Man 3 scale, probably.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 12-03-2008 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dark Knight, finally.

I don't understand where all the abject fawning over this is coming from.
It was ok, as was Ledger's Joker performance, although a bit schmiering with all the lip licking and all.
And what was with Christian Bale grunting? He didn't do that in Batman Begins, did he?

But overall just a decent action flick deserving a solid 8 out of 10.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-03-2008 11:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
On a Spider Man 3 scale, probably.

What do you rate Tomb Raider 2?

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 12-03-2008 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Onion Movie. 5/10. Had one or two memorable skits, but overall kinda lame.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 12-03-2008 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Therac-25 wrote:
The Onion Movie. 5/10. Had one or two memorable skits, but overall kinda lame.

You, my friend, suck.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 12-03-2008 02:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
You, my friend, suck.

eh, whatever. "look at me, I can have a movie review of the movie in the movie. it was funny when spaceballs did it, so it's still funny, right? right...?" "we're making fun of a caricature of corporate ownership! ha ha, aren't those jokers out of touch!" "penis penis cock penis cock!"

the funny in the onion has always come from donning the trappings of the news media while presenting stories that mock what the modern news media reports on. their video news is awesome because of how perfectly it mocks contemporary news, from the insane tv show graphics down to the timbre of the host's voices.

not only did this movie fail at that (the lone, somber news anchor has been dead for 25 years or so), it largely failed at being very funny in any other way, and the ending completely went off the rails into stupid.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.