Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-20-2010 01:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Room 1408

I've seen worse films...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-21-2010 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

STONE

No not that recent one, but the Australian 1974 original ... and yes you read correctly.

Wiki Clicky

I know it is 35+ years old but sill a good view. Sadly showing its age, but nice to see old OZ ; 5/10

Shit, I remember buying the vinyl LP movie sound track album :rolleyes:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 02:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Batman: Under The Red Hood -

Not too bad at all, enjoyed it quite a lot. Nice to see Bats more hardcore like it should be, instead of the tripe they have in the films.

Salt -

Had no idea what it was about before watching, but ended up quite enjoying it. Sure its not the best action movie ever, but it kept me more than entertained, and kept me guessing the entire time.

Magics Secrets Revealed -

HOW TEH FOOK DID HE MAKE DAT TRUCK APPEAR!?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Ryoki wrote:
aww, was looking forward to that one :(

Me too. But I'm not having high expectations of it anymore. I thought they'd parody the whole 80's/90's action movie genre but it's all way too serious.

YMMV.

The main problem I had with the movie is that it was promoted/hyped as a big-name ensemble cast action movie. It seemed all the big names were in the movie for a total of about 20 minutes (Arnie and Bruce Willis were in it for only one scene...about 3 minutes) and the action - while good - was too few and far between. I enjoyed "Salt" as an action movie much more than this tripe.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2012 - wank/10

nuff said, really

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

salt - 2/10
angelina jolie flounces around like a young joanna lumley in a spy movie for people who sit at the front of the short bus.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wedding Crashers

Not a bad comedy at all. I enjoyed it to the end. 8/10

Clicky

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Salt -

Had no idea what it was about before watching, but ended up quite enjoying it. Sure its not the best action movie ever, but it kept me more than entertained, and kept me guessing the entire time.

lol, my gf and I guessed the "twist" 20 minutes in. It's a Bourne movie with physics-defying stunts...minus the intelligent plot.

u'dum

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 07:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The other guys 7.5/10

pretty fucking funny and the plot was much better than it usually is for these types of productions.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 07:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Images 7/10

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-22-2010 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
It's a Bourne movie ...minus the intelligent plot.

lol

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 08-23-2010 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the expendables - 3/10
after rambo, was expecting a lot more from this. the cinematography really let it down, and for an action movie that's a really bad thing to mess up. the script wasn't much but the movies it draws on weren't shakespeare either and it does have more than it's share of decent one-liners/scenes (mostly from dolph lundgren and terry crews). randy couture barely gets a look in and whoever steve austin is could've been replaced with a promotional cutout.

didn't find it boring until (this isn't really a spoiler) there was a part with what sounded like hold music playing while people murdered their way through dark corridors. it went on for fucking ever without being fun or adding anything to the story. in the next scene, someone asks stallone how he got there - he replies with something like 'i just am'. if they'd completely cut the previous five minutes then that line might've gotten a laugh or made him seem like a ninja. instead it just made him look like a prick.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-23-2010 05:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

De Storm.
It's a Dutch movie that's set during the flooding of Zeeland, the most south western province of the Netherlands. The visuals are quite impressive, especially for a Dutch production like this, whose budgets are often only a fraction of the big Hollywood disaster movies. The acting is OK but the story could've used some work. It focuses too much on one person's personal drama and not so much on the whole flooding. All in all I found it an enjoyable movie and it once and for all proves that Dutch movie productions have left the rather laughable quality of "Turks Fruit" and "De Lift" behind us.

I give it 7/10.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-23-2010 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
o'dium wrote:
Salt -

lol, my gf and I guessed the "twist" 20 minutes in. It's a Bourne movie with physics-defying stunts...minus the intelligent plot.

u'dum

Sorry, I dont follow Angelina Jolie so close as to be able to draw pictures of her and post them on the internet. I watched the film was a laugh, not for a fank wank.

P.S. lol girlfriend.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-28-2010 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scott Pilgrim - 7/10 - cute flick if you're into that sort of NES/comic/geek thing. at least as good as i thought it would be, at least in part due to Kieran Culkin (who hadn't done much since Igby in 2002).

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-29-2010 03:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Terminator Salvation : 3 / 10

Pretty damn awful. This was simply a waste of time to watch.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-29-2010 08:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hot Tub Time Machine - 6/10

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-30-2010 05:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Expendables -

Great flick, an 80's action throw back with balls, muscles, women, explosions, blood and violence. Did exactly what it said on the tin. Enjoyed it.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-30-2010 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not satire? :(
Assumed it was tbh, how can they put all of those names in one movie and fail at the satire?

I don't want a fucking throw back to the eighties, who in their right mind would? I just want to laugh at how ridiculously over the top action flicks from back then were.

Salt 2/10
Unbearable. It's not often i can't finish watching a movie, but it happened. It's not even stupid enough to make you angry.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-30-2010 05:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
It's not satire? :(
Assumed it was tbh, how can they put all of those names in one movie and fail at the satire?

I don't want a fucking throw back to the eighties, who in their right mind would? I just want to laugh at how ridiculously over the top action flicks from back then were..

Yeah I was disappointed at this as well when I heard it wasn't satire. It could've been so awesome if it was.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-30-2010 06:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey I'm just glad JCVD wasn't in it... After watching the new Universal Soldier, I don't think he could have coped...

Never have I seen a man in a film look so tired, all the time... I really wouldn't have been surprised if he yawned in that film...

Old age is a killer...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-30-2010 07:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gun Crazy 8/10

I really liked it. Somewhat cruel and vile for it's time. Could be a great remake if done again today...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-30-2010 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Children of Men - 7/10

was moved to give it a second chance by this:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 08-31-2010 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Expendables - 7/10

I loved the knive fights!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-31-2010 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Expendables - ?/10

Up to now i tried three times to watch it and fell asleep every time... I foresee a 1-2/10.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-02-2010 06:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Other Guys = 9/10 - Funniest movie I've seen all year IMHO. I laughed the whole movie.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-03-2010 04:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
The Other Guys

So I'm assuming then that the trailer doesn't consist of the only funny bits in the entire movie? If so, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 09-03-2010 03:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Square

1/10. Aussies are so fucking odd.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 09-03-2010 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Machete- good fun
The Expendables- much better than I expected

PostPosted: 09-04-2010 07:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
The Other Guys = 9/10 - Funniest movie I've seen all year IMHO. I laughed the whole movie.

It was pretty funny but I thought Cop Out was better/funnier :)

check that one out if you haven't

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-05-2010 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:

It was pretty funny but I thought Cop Out was better/funnier :)

check that one out if you haven't

Anything with Tracey Morgan is funny. Thanks for the tip *downloads*

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-05-2010 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cop Out is a horrible piece of shit.
Anyone who remotely likes it is a retard who should seek help immediately.

Say ello to my l'il frien'
Say ello to my l'il frien'
PostPosted: 09-05-2010 08:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl

epic/10

PostPosted: 09-05-2010 08:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Cop Out is a horrible piece of shit.
Anyone who remotely likes it is a retard who should seek help immediately.

You probably didn't like Tropic Thunder too.

moron alert

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-05-2010 09:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Anything with Tracey Morgan is funny.

that guy is fucking annoying

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.