Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-05-2010 11:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cop Out 3/10
Fucking shit, dispite Tracey Morgan who is deeply funny. Incomprehensible failure on directors part not to utilise his talent to spew complete bullshit - except in one scene where they visualized his rant. And Bruce Willis cannot fucking act. Or he wasn't in the mood.

Also, the score in this movie is so incredibly bad... i lack words to discribe just how bad, but it's really disturbingly bad.

The Other Guys - 8/10
Incredibly hilarious, there are scenes in this movie that literally caused pain in my sides caused by laughter. The tuna-lion conversation for example, is epic win :olo:

See this movie :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-05-2010 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tracey Morgan just plays himself in virtually everything I've ever seen him in. I dunno if that classifies as talent? :question:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-06-2010 12:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh that could be, this is the first movie i seen starring him - i did see his interview on the Daily Show where he indeed did the same thing and had Steward in tears with laughter.

In any case, yes, i'd say that's a talent :smirk:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 09-06-2010 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FINALLY got around to watching Iron Man 2 the other day...

Christ, let down much. Nowhere near as good as the first :(

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-06-2010 09:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Iron Man 2 was not as good as the first, but I loved it anyway. Scarlett in a leather cat suit...FUCK YEAH!

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-06-2010 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Plan B wrote:
Cop Out is a horrible piece of shit.
Anyone who remotely likes it is a retard who should seek help immediately.

You probably didn't like Tropic Thunder too.

moron alert

Yeah, I must then dislike [insert actually decent flick], also.

Strong logic.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-06-2010 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True Romance - 8/10

Too bad Walken had such a small role though :down:

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 09-06-2010 11:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
andyman wrote:

You probably didn't like Tropic Thunder too.

moron alert

Yeah, I must then dislike [insert actually decent flick], also.

Strong logic.

You probably thought Old School was despicable.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-07-2010 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cop Out = 4/10 - Sorry andyman...but I don't share your enthusiasm about this movie. I don't remember laughing all that much.

@Ryoki...Cop Out's musical score was basically recycled from Beverly Hills Cop...a true legend of a horrible, keyboard-heavy-and-filled-with-cheese soundtracks.

Robin Hood = 5/10 - I just didn't care about this movie or its characters in any way. The cinematography and production design were excellent but that's about it. No point in watching this movie, really...unless you want to be reminded how smelly and unhygienic people were 1000 years ago.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-08-2010 01:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dogma - 8/10

Still brilliant and I had forgotten all about Jay's abusive outburst at the end...

Aces

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-08-2010 05:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Tracey Morgan just plays himself in virtually everything I've ever seen him in. I dunno if that classifies as talent? :question:

Many actors do the same thing. Pacino, DeNiro, Washington, they all play themselves to great effect. Steven Segal on the other hand...

The American - 5/10 I had no expectations going into this as I had only seen a bit of one preview. The scenery was gorgeous, Italy is beautiful. But, the movie was slow-paced and VERY predictable. Not bad, but I'd rent it.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-08-2010 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
they all play themselves to great effect.

He's ok in 30 Rock but I'm getting tired of the character by this point.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-09-2010 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heyenas 7/10

Pretty good. Original story. Some of the shots are a bit bizarre. But I liked it.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-13-2010 09:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Wolfman = 5/10 - Boring film that was 30 minutes too long. Definitely not Benicio del Toro's best work.

Resident Evil Afterlife = 0/10 - Absolute shit. This and several other 3D films are proving within less than a year after the release of Avatar (and the expensive upgrades that so many theatres shelled out for) that Hollywood simply cannot help itself when it comes to using gimmicky 3D and reverting right back to 1980's mentality of beating you over the head with the effect. It seems they didn't learn from Avatar that the effect should be part of the experience rather than the sole focus of the movie.

I can't wait for George Lucas to re-release all six Star Wars films in 3D...replete with all-new shots to show you how awesomely cool the 3D effect is. :dork:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-15-2010 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hot Tub Time Machine

Utterly disappointing.
Great potential with good actors, but zero laughs, so very poor writing.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-15-2010 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I can't wait for George Lucas to re-release all six Star Wars films in 3D...replete with all-new shots to show you how awesomely cool the 3D effect is. :dork:

:olo: let's hope he won't

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-21-2010 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hunter prey 8/10
excellent micro-budget sci-fi movie and the first feature from sandy collora (the guy who made 'batman:dead end'). falters in a few important ways but they don't really take much from the pleasure of watching it, and it's still streets ahead of bigger budget fare. looking forward to whatever he does next.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-21-2010 10:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The A-Team 6/10

Expected utter tripe but got a mediocre action movie. It entertained a bit, then went on too long. Could have been much worse.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-22-2010 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MacGruber = 4/10 - Off the wall claptrap with some very funny moments but overall not a very entertaining movie.

Knight And Day = 6/10 - Reasonably watchable date movie.

Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time = 6/10 - Excellent production design wrapped around a hollow core of predictible shit on a stick. It's quite funny - while not surprising in the least - that games based on movies usually suck and movies based on games usually suck harder.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo = Not bad but I predicted pretty much every plot turn. Just glad I didn't have to read the book so I'll give a 7.25.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Others
8/10

figured out the twist only when the kids found the graves, very interesting movie

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tron 7/10

I wanted to get caught up before the sequel is released in a couple months. It's not as awesome as I remember watching as a kid. But still cool. :up:

Last edited by xer0s on 09-23-2010 07:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 07:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
The Others
8/10

figured out the twist only when the kids found the graves, very interesting movie

The book is way better. (of course)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Expendables - 5/10

Basically Rambo with friends. There are some particularly gory bits just like Rambo but mostly blurry fight scenes and gun battles. It doesn't even really try to hide the fact that it has no plot and character development. Why is Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis even in this movie? Even as a cameo they're a really lame one.

Iron Man 2 - 6/10

Iron Man moves so fast that his entire time on screen is just a red and yellow blur. Stark is on a destructive path as he is slowly dying. There was quite some potential to show Stark crumbling into alcoholism, drugs and other trouble like in the comic, but the movie seemed to summarize that with a fight scene with his friend. :dork: Boss fight lasted 30 seconds. A few good laughs but most felt forced as Downey does his trademark million words per minute banter.

Hellraiser 1-8 - 6/10 (average score)

Some Hellraiser movies are in series following a set of events and the protagonist "Kristy Cotton" (the better ones) while others go off on a completely different tangent (bleh). Very gory, though crude '80-90's slasher special effects. The first two are the best in the series, especially the second one. If Clive Barker could write a really good script like the first two Hellraisers and add some modern day special effects, we could have a winner.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Town

Pretty solid movie. The bostonbostonboston thing was a little annoying at times, but the overall storyline, acting, and direction were quite good. It's worth checking out imo.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-23-2010 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Usual Suspects - 8/10

Plot crawls a bit at times and Del Toro's accent is impossible to make out. Kept me guessing until the end though :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 12:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

funny thing. Del Toro knew beforehand he was going to die soon so he got carte blanche with his character.
because of that he made it a point to be as incoherent as possible :owned:
looks like he succeeded

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 12:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, but it undermined his character because it made it seem he had nothing important to say—which was probably true anyways :shrug:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 12:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he gon flip you. flip you 4 reel.

come to think of it, he's how I imagine plained would be in real life :D

PostPosted: 09-24-2010 01:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
The Expendables - 5/10

Basically Rambo with friends. There are some particularly gory bits just like Rambo but mostly blurry fight scenes and gun battles. It doesn't even really try to hide the fact that it has no plot and character development. Why is Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis even in this movie? Even as a cameo they're a really lame one.

Iron Man 2 - 6/10

Iron Man moves so fast that his entire time on screen is just a red and yellow blur. Stark is on a destructive path as he is slowly dying. There was quite some potential to show Stark crumbling into alcoholism, drugs and other trouble like in the comic, but the movie seemed to summarize that with a fight scene with his friend. :dork: Boss fight lasted 30 seconds. A few good laughs but most felt forced as Downey does his trademark million words per minute banter.

Some Hellraiser movies are in series following a set of events and the protagonist "Kristy Cotton" (the better ones) while others go off on a completely different tangent (bleh). Very gory, though crude '80-90's slasher special effects. The first two are the best in the series, especially the second one. If Clive Barker could write a really good script like the first two Hellraisers and add some modern day special effects, we could have a winner.

Iron Man 2 was pretty rubbish, never any moment of suspense it was all brainless feel good action.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 04:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:

Lols you recently watched all eight parts? After part III it goes downhill fast, iirc... but it's been ages since i've seen any of em. Mostly childhood nostalgia for me :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 04:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hellraiser in space, LOL

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 06:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
The Expendables - 5/10

Told ya.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Lols you recently watched all eight parts?

Yeah, I've never seen any of them. I really enjoyed the first 2. The rest were either terrible or borderline okayish. Having not watched any of them, I kept having my hopes up that the next one would be better (so much for that). The girl who plays Dax in Star Trek: DS9 stars in #3 and Bishop from Aliens is in #8.

PostPosted: 09-25-2010 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
The Expendables - 5/10

just stick to titanic, queer.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.