Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-25-2010 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-26-2010 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

machete 11/10

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-26-2010 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Operation Endgame = 4/10 - A confusing, totally incoherant plot that seemed to be an excuse to show kung-fu fight scenes. Sorta funny but not really. Absolutely no payoff in the ending and seemed more than anything to be a political statement on the Bush administration.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 02:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kick ass. 3/10. boring teenage angst bullshit

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 02:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
no man, i love it

kk, unobtanium's a fuckin joke but don't let that distract from when is essentially the best story on earth.

PS they should of called it awesomeawe or megamineral.

lol, plz stop trolling

it's a 7/10, ok but not that great

no, honestly i love it.

if fact i'm going to watch it again today.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 03:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Four Lions - 6/10

Felt odd seeing panoramic shots of Meadowhall and Tinsley (used to live/work there). The plot itself was floating somewhere in that uncomfortable controversial-but-funny territory that Chris Morris spends most of his time in. Only a couple of laugh-out-loud sections which were mostly in the trailers anyway ;(

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
kick ass. 3/10. boring teenage angst bullshit

having now read the graphic novel i like the movie less - they made the kid too much of a winner (eg, gets to bone the girl, etc).

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh, it was garbage in and of itself, regardless of any other related media.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 04:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
machete 11/10

omfg i love spanish women.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched I am Legend again and it is better 2 time 'round

8/10

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-28-2010 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Death At A Funeral = 3/10 - I kept waiting for the movie to start. Not really funny at all and completely forgetable.

30 Days Of Night: Dark Days = 1/10 - The gore was ok but the everything else was absolute shit.

Get Him To The Greek = 6.5/10 - Not the greatest but some funny parts. I laughed more than once.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-28-2010 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Step Brothers - 2/10

Couple funny parts, but overall shit.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-28-2010 11:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I can't wait for George Lucas to re-release all six Star Wars films in 3D...replete with all-new shots to show you how awesomely cool the 3D effect is. :dork:

AAAAAaaaaahahahahahhahahaha
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/star-wars ... as-by-2012

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 01:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FUCKING LOL :olo:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 01:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: lucas you fat greedy asshole

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 03:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

next, come dine with star wars

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Jar-Jar Binks however will remain, albeit barely 2D"

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I can't wait for George Lucas to re-release all six Star Wars films in 3D...replete with all-new shots to show you how awesomely cool the 3D effect is. :dork:

AAAAAaaaaahahahahahhahahaha
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/star-wars ... as-by-2012

Oh....my...fucking...God. :olo: :olo: :olo:

Seriously...I was kidding when I made that prediction. I guess nobody really knows the depths of George Lucas' stupidity.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yet he'll make millions from it. he's very stupid.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No doubt you'll re-purchase all your Star Wars toys.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 07:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

calm down chunk

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain meltdown in progress...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bitter bam...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

queermost :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

someone's still mad.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and here i thought this thread was about movies. :!:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

P.I.D.D.L.A. - Shadow of Chernobyl

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah i know it's not am movie FU

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

once James Cameron proved that one dimensional characters can work in 3D with enough shine and polish it was inevitable that Lucas was going to hitch his car up to the cash cow again.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
once James Cameron proved that one dimensional characters can work in 3D with enough shine and polish it was inevitable that Lucas was going to hitch his car up to the cash cow again.

I think it was inevitable that Lucas was going to hitch his car up to the cash cow again because of any reason he could think of (the invention of VHS tape, DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, 3D, Smell-O-Vision, vibrating theatre seats, the new Coca Cola flavour, etc)

Hey...the sun came up...time to re-release the movies again.

PostPosted: 09-29-2010 06:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Dr_Watson wrote:

I think it was inevitable that Lucas was going to hitch his car up to the cash cow again because of any reason he could think of (the invention of VHS tape, DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, 3D, Smell-O-Vision, vibrating theatre seats, the new Coca Cola flavour, etc)

Even though we've seen them a thousand times, I guess it's still good to have new generations get to see it for the first time.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 07:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 07:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Even though we've seen them a thousand times, I guess it's still good to have new generations get to see it for the first time.

I`ve heard that reasoning before and it`s complete bullshit.

Following that logic, why doesn`t someone re-release Citizen Kane? It is only one of the most influential movies in the history of film. We aren`t talking about remakes, but re-releasing the original movie (with perhaps a few touchups). Shouldn`t new generations get to see Citizen Kane for the first time?

PostPosted: 09-29-2010 07:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
andyman wrote:

Following that logic, why doesn`t someone re-release Citizen Kane? It is only one of the most influential movies in the history of film. We aren`t talking about remakes, but re-releasing the original movie (with perhaps a few touchups). Shouldn`t new generations get to see Citizen Kane for the first time?

Apparently you are the only one who thinks highly enough of it to re-release it or even give it some touch ups.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-29-2010 07:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Apparently you are the only one who thinks highly enough of it to re-release it or even give it some touch ups.

Are you actually serious? :dork:

I don't think Citizen Kane should be re-released. Nor do I think Star Wars or any other movie should be re-released. I was giving an example of how retarded the excuse people have used (several times) about a new generation seeing an old movie/series for the "first time". My advice to those that want to experience a classic for "the first time" is to invest in a decent home theatre or fast web connection (since Blockbuster Video is kaput).

And if you think I'm the only one who thinks highly of Citizen Kane...well... :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.