Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-18-2010 02:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

butthurt. x

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-18-2010 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
bam! wrote:
Are you guys talking about the Danny Boyle Sunshine? Pretty decent scifi, but the ending needed a little work.

Shut the fuck up retard.

Let's argue personal opinion, progress will certainly be made.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 11-18-2010 03:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Buried - 6/10

90 minutes of Ryan Reynolds in a Coffin, and it's probably his best performance.
Freaked the shit out of the Missus who suffers from Claustrophobia. Worth watching.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-18-2010 03:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

get him to the greek. 7.5-10

laughed my ass off.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 11-18-2010 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Watched the 300 again yesterday

Lots of cgi but not a bad movie at all, worth your time :D 8/10

If ya'll like 300 then find the tv series Spartacus.
I just thought it was some wicked good television , brutal bloody but highly entertaining.
Movie quality television with funny over the top bloody scenes.
Loved it

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-18-2010 05:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby wrote:

I just thought it was some wicked good television , brutal bloody but highly entertaining.
Loved it

Blood and Sand had an awesome first season. Can't wait for the next season although it really sucks they are going to have to recast the lead character due to Whitfield's battle with cancer.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-19-2010 03:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 1)

8/10 - Very impressed with one to be honest. There are a few things I would have liked to have seen in there that were dropped, but overall this is a very good film.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-19-2010 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rewatched inception. It is a very good film :up:.

also, it's obviously a dream in the 'final reality' when he gets home to his kids, because they haven't aged a jot and they're wearing the same clothes.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-19-2010 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
axbaby wrote:

Loved it

Blood and Sand had an awesome first season. Can't wait for the next season although it really sucks they are going to have to recast the lead character due to Whitfield's battle with cancer.

:olo: :olo: what the fuck? Spartacus is retarded adolescent tripe without a single saving grace. As if garbage like this gets a second season, whereas gems like Deadwood and Firefly get canned. jesus christ.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-19-2010 05:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

also, it's obviously a dream in the 'final reality' when he gets home to his kids, because they haven't aged a jot and they're wearing the same clothes.

I'm pretty sure its actually the exact opposite, they are aged and in sllightly different clothes.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-19-2010 07:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

:olo: :olo: what the fuck? Spartacus is retarded adolescent tripe without a single saving grace. As if garbage like this gets a second season, whereas gems like Deadwood and Firefly get canned. jesus christ.

Starz created a show with 300'esque action and good character development and, given the show's popularity, was wildly successful in doing so. Firefly was amazing but isn't even remotely similar in style or produced by the same organization.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 11-19-2010 08:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

Those are completely different shows and many of us would like to see them return also.

Spartacus was brilliant.

PS did you know what police can arrest people for benefit fraud even though there are still unsolved murders to be solved? Pretty sure you will find this shocking also.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 12:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

Incorrect

His Dad is the in the final scene...he never appears in any other dreams because he can see him when he wants.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 01:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd just like to say that Machete is pretty much the greatest movie of the modern era.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 02:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

Incorrect

His Dad is the in the final scene...he never appears in any other dreams because he can see him when he wants.

After a little research it appears you're right, they even used different actors. In that case I retract what I said, and it is in fact 'true reality' at the end. Cobb is always going to be dubious of this though.

However, Spartacus is very very terrible. You people are morons.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 02:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You were in doubt of my correctness?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 04:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
I'd just like to say that Machete is pretty much the greatest movie of the modern era.

+1

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Last Airbender.

Aside from the lulz when they say things like "when we found out you were a bender" it's a surprisingly good flick, it's not terribly acted, the effects are pretty awesome and the story isn't bad. The American accents are a bit annoying but not enough to ruin it.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby wrote:

Loved it

With you all the way axbaby :up:

I've watched most Spartacus episopdes, perhaps that's why I went back to the 300.

Hey anyone seen the new sci-fi SKYLINE? Comment please.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 08:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skyline 2/10.

2 points for Crysis aliens. Zero plot, horrible acting, and shitty Micheal Bay dramatic slow mo for shit no one cared about.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-20-2010 09:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

err, bugger :(

I saw the shorts and thought it might be good :confused:

Thanks shaft. You saved me some $$$.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 01:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
horrible acting

Lies, after all it has Angel Batista in it!!?!

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 01:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, he sucked in it also...

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 02:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

Incorrect

It doesn't matter if his dad's in the final scene; the dead giveaway is that the spinning top is his wife's totem which he took from her dream. The last scene is also a dream.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 04:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when did he take the totem from her dream? he just set it spinning in her doll house.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 08:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^This

Geebs is incorrect

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 08:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't he say the top would always continue spinning in dreams? The one in the last scene never stopped.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 08:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking hell mazda you are retarded...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I beleive you have missed the point sir, but here is some info:

In early dream scenes Cobb is wearing a wedding ring that doesn’t appear in the “real world” scenes or the end scenes in the airport.

His totem starts to wobble; it does not do this when in the doll house in the dream.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 11-21-2010 10:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Go to imdb if you'd like to read this argument ad nauseum.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 11-22-2010 03:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
His totem starts to wobble

My totem is wobbling as I type this.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-22-2010 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Inception was meant to be vague so you could go back and watch again and imagine his wife created the inception instead. either/or, duh.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-22-2010 08:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-22-2010 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try watching some of the director interviews then come back to the conversation.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-22-2010 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No

I am right so I don't need to

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.