Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        PHOTOS PLEASE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: PHOTOS PLEASE

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-11-2011 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, been caught and stopped, had a couple of meaningless threats, and some near-misses etc..

Since the stuff I explore is derelict and abandoned, and I'm only going there to record and document it, I'm not a particular threat to the value of the building or its contents.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-11-2011 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:
Since the stuff I explore is derelict and abandoned, and I'm only going there to record and document it, I'm not a particular threat to the value of the building or its contents.

Sad, not all urbexers act ike this...

In January I explored an abandoned railway power station which must be shut down for at least 30 years now.

Please try to turn a blind eye to the chromatic aberrations. I know I need a better lens....

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:
Yeah, been caught and stopped, had a couple of meaningless threats, and some near-misses etc..

Do me a favour if you are in that area again, get a moody shot of the Grennwich tunnel. I walked through tere alone one night a few years ago and I can say I have been in very few places I felt more intimidated and eerie. Would be good to have a nice picture of it :up:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chopov wrote:
Please try to turn a blind eye to the chromatic aberrations. I know I need a better lens....

I would like to say "nice picts" but the chromatic aberrations made me both vomit into my lap and kill the first kitten that I saw. You're a horrible human being and you should be strangled with your own intestines you stupid fag.

Oh...and nice picts.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats for vomiting yourself. Pics or it didn't happen...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No picts of puking, but plenty of picts of dead kittens.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice shots chopov!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-15-2011 12:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can any UKers recommend a good online printing service? Just had 10 6x10 prints done and it cost £35 fat ones...seems a little steep?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-15-2011 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds about right, assuming they are on decent paper.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-15-2011 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah paper is ok, had a 1 inch White boarder around it...if that's the going rate then thats fine, just making sure my pants were not being pulled down :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-15-2011 01:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And I say my, it's for my sisters portfolio...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
This dream-like picture shows each phase of the sun over Bristol’s Clifton Suspension Bridge taken during half a year. The image was captured on a pin-hole camera made from an empty soda can with a 0.25mm aperture and a single sheet of photographic paper. Photographer Justin Quinnell strapped the camera to a telephone pole overlooking the Gorge, where it was left between December 19, 2007 and June 21, 2008—the Winter and Summer solstices. (That’s a 15,552,000 second exposure.) ‘Solargraph’ shows six months of the sun’s luminescent trails and its subtle change of course caused by the earth’s movement in orbit. The lowest arc being the first day of exposure on the Winter solstice, while the top curves were captured mid-Summer. (Dotted lines of light are the result of overcast days when the sun struggled to penetrate the cloud.) Quinnell, a renowned pin-hole camera artist, says the photograph took on a personal resonance after his father passed away on April 13—halfway through the exposure. He says the picture allows him to pinpoint the exact location of the sun in the sky at the moment of his father passing.

I could get into this shit. http://www.pinholephotography.org/galle ... index.html

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 08:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its cool - my sister has been messing with it

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ that pic looks like a turner painting :up:

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Take a look at his "Mouthpiece" collection - guy has some rotting teeth, but the views are interesting.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i like the bath one :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
guy has some rotting teeth

well, he is british :smirk:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just had my details confirmed and booking taken for a lone trip to Chernobyl beginning April 2nd.

Expect plenty of shots.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 12:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brave man - GL with that

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 06:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:
Just had my details confirmed and booking taken for a lone trip to Chernobyl beginning April 2nd.

Expect plenty of shots.

Isn't that now a tourist attraction?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the same sense that North Korea is a tourist attraction, yes.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

spooky ferris wheel

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've read about how people have recently started going back to areas near Chernobyl and started living there, despite them still being dangerously radioactive and not officially designated liveable. Would be cool if you could find any evidence of this. Looking forward to the shots, good luck.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 10:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was a popular internet site a few years back full of pictures from someone who did a solo motorcycle ride through Chernobyl/Pripyat - I'm guessing you saw some of her stuff? Although hers were mainly just snapshots, I can't wait to see what you do with them. Definitely looking forward to these ones.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-24-2011 03:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:

Expect plenty of shots.

Jealousy++ Chernobyl is near the top of my list for places to take a photo trip to. Looking forward to seeing your photos and blog commentary on it.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-25-2011 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't drink the water but I hear you can get a killer Chicken Kiev.

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 03-11-2011 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canon 7D and 24-70mm f2.8 L and some accessories, ordered. Had to order the camera with the kit lens because everything else was out of stock but only wound up costing around $100 more so no biggy...
Will be taking pictures of it probably apr 21st :)

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-11-2011 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:

Expect plenty of shots.

good luck and watch out for these fuckers

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-12-2011 06:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haha, I'm hoping if everything goes right, I'll come back with some kind of superpower.

Here's a picture of a beach:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-12-2011 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Er, no Chernobyl is seems for me. Russian government have denied my visa. I'm not allowed to enter the country. No reason given, just a straight denial according to my tour arranger.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-12-2011 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:( Gutted for you. Can you reapply?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-12-2011 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"not at this time" apparently, but I wonder if that's the guides language rather than the government.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-12-2011 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

worth doing some research.

Is there any option of not going via a guide? apply for some kind of working visa as a professional photographer maybe?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-12-2011 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's exactly what I had done. I was going on my press pass as a photojournalist. Sucks man, I'm just waiting to here back from another guide, I'm going to reapply as a tourist and see what happens.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-12-2011 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they have something to hide I tell you :p Besides I figured that most photojournalists rather hide that particular aspect of their visit...after all they are a part of how information (in one form or another) gets out to the public in a big way. Who knows maybe the idea of someone sniffing about is not greeted very well.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.