Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        GTKRadiant Save Issues - Windows 7

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GTKRadiant Save Issues - Windows 7

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-11-2011 10:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started tinkering around with GTKRadiant 1.4 again and came across a bug I remember encountering a while ago where the program fails to save a .map file properly unless the .map already exists. Autosave isn't working either.

I'm running GTKRadiant 1.4 as admin and have it installed in a place with write permissions.

However, I just downloaded ZeroRadiant (GTKRadiant 1.6) and it has no issues saving new files.

Does anybody have an explanation as to what exactly the problem was with 1.4?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-11-2011 10:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've noticed this as well. I have no fix though.

I've been working around this issue. I copy a small example .map to copy.map and rename it and open it with radiant. : )

I actually thought the issue was radiant version specific and not OS specific.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-11-2011 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the preferences there's some checkbox marked "use windows style save dialog" or something along those lines. Check or uncheck it and see if that solves your problem. It did for me.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-13-2011 08:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hm I'll have to check that out Eraser, thanks. For now I've just been using 1.6. It launches a bit slower and has that funky CLI box but it's been working ;)

deqer - Yeah you could do that though it's kind of a pain in the ass to have to do that for every little prefab you want to save.

I was considering making a batch file to create new empty .map files so 1.4 had something to save to but it seemed like a gross bandaid for the problem rather than being an actual solution.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-13-2011 09:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

unchecking it worked thanks man :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.