Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-10-2012 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's a start

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-10-2012 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
i always hated the Schwarzenegger version. does that mean I'll like the new one?

yeah sure....perfect logic

A turd is a turd no matter what you compare it to.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 12:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Total Recall Remake#1 (pretty sure they'll remake this again someday. not sure though) = 3/10 - Fucking garbage. Basically a series of chase scenes punctuated with horrible acting, with Kate Beckinsale being uncharacteristically fucking horrible. She really should stop taking the lead roles in her worthless husband's movie projects. God he's horrible. The production design and VFX were top-notch as expected because that's all this movie offers and where they spent most of the money. TBH the film had a very Blade Runnerish look to it, so they don't have to remake that movie now...it's been done. It's funny...this remade, rehashed, predictable POS was produced by a company called "Original Film"...hilarious.

Here...I'll save you two hours and twenty bucks if you just watch this clip from Siggraph 2000. I mean seriously...the production design is the same right down to the robot police.

There...now you've basically seen the Total Recall remake #1. From a short clip made twelve fucking years ago.

To those of you who will snobbishly state "I'll wait until I see it to judge it" (knowing full well you probably won't enjoy it as much as Arnie's version) and who go out and pay money to these remake-whoring assholes: fuck you. No seriously...fuck you. You're the reason Hollywood sucks.

I downloaded a cam copy because that's all this garbage deserves. Er...actually it doesn't even deserve viewing. :down:

I've never seen anyone get their jimmies as rustled by a movie as you. I don't for a second think the remake could ever be as good as the original, if not only because there will only ever be one Arnold. But that doesn't mean I'm automatically filled with venomous hatred towards it. What's amazing is that even though you had already decided you were going to despise every single thing about this movie, you were still so incredibly eager to watch it that you downloaded it at the first possible opportunity and actually endured watching a shitty cam copy. Personally I'll just wait however long it takes for the Bluray rip to come out because I really don't give a fuck.

By the way, waiting to actually see a movie before deciding whether you like it or not isn't being snobby. It's called being normal.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

as much as I agree with lawl, his new red font hurts my eyes. so I'm on both of your sides. except gonnaetc.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
I've never seen anyone get their jimmies as rustled by a movie as you. I don't for a second think the remake could ever be as good as the original, if not only because there will only ever be one Arnold. But that doesn't mean I'm automatically filled with venomous hatred towards it. What's amazing is that even though you had already decided you were going to despise every single thing about this movie, you were still so incredibly eager to watch it that you downloaded it at the first possible opportunity and actually endured watching a shitty cam copy. Personally I'll just wait however long it takes for the Bluray rip to come out because I really don't give a fuck.

By the way, waiting to actually see a movie before deciding whether you like it or not isn't being snobby. It's called being normal.

I cut myself with a meat knife preparing lunch today. So I cleaned the wound and dug all the crap out of it as quickly as I could, so that the pain would be over asap and I could get on with the rest of my day. I guess that's why I watched it...to get it over with.

Idiocracy was right all along. In the future, the only movie that Hollywood ever makes will be a 3 hour feature of someone farting at the camera. It'll be released every 3 months and they won't even bother acknowledging the remade/sequel/braindead nature of it and simply name every film "Ass". People will love it and spend their money on it and even then, there will still be a moron like you who will defend it.

Seriously dude...you've posted here in the past your passion for film and mine is no less than yours. Shall I quote the stuff you've posted regarding films you give shit about? stfu.

Besides...it really has nothing to do with a lack of Arnie or any other connection to the original. It's simply a really shit film cynically cranked out because of brand recognition. For someone who professes to love movies, crap like this should piss you off, too.

And besides...I really am trying to save you money. :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 02:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I watched a shaky cam version of the original I'd probably only give it a 3/10 too.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 10:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moonrise Kingdom - 9/10 if you like Wes Anderson films, else probably a 3. Of his films it's probably my favorite... maybe second behind Rushmore, but I've seen that a couple too many times.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I cut myself with a meat knife preparing lunch today. So I cleaned the wound and dug all the crap out of it as quickly as I could, so that the pain would be over asap and I could get on with the rest of my day. I guess that's why I watched it...to get it over with.

Idiocracy was right all along. In the future, the only movie that Hollywood ever makes will be a 3 hour feature of someone farting at the camera. It'll be released every 3 months and they won't even bother acknowledging the remade/sequel/braindead nature of it and simply name every film "Ass". People will love it and spend their money on it and even then, there will still be a moron like you who will defend it.

Seriously dude...you've posted here in the past your passion for film and mine is no less than yours. Shall I quote the stuff you've posted regarding films you give shit about? stfu.

Besides...it really has nothing to do with a lack of Arnie or any other connection to the original. It's simply a really shit film cynically cranked out because of brand recognition. For someone who professes to love movies, crap like this should piss you off, too.

And besides...I really am trying to save you money. :up:

You didn't know it was "a really shit film" until you saw it, but had already decided beforehand that you hated it. That's what I find weird, combined with immediately watching a shitty cam version asap of a film you had already taken such a strong negative stance against. It could have been the greatest cinematic masterpiece of the modern century and you'd have still found a reason to despise it. And you're not saving me any money, Bluray rips are free.

Anyway if you feel the need to strongly hate on so many films then go for your life, I'd rather just disregard or not watch movies I don't like. There's too many amazing films to appreciate on so many levels.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 02:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was subjected to the following films on the tiny screen of several airplanes:

The Avengers 6/10
Another superhero movie with a lot of explosions and a waverthin plot. It had a few jokes that made me smirk, that's probably the best thing i can say about it.

The Hunter 8/10
A dude goes to hunt down the last tazmanian tiger for a shady pharmaceutical company and gets sidetracked by the cute family he's staying with. This to the dismay of his employers who try to entice him to get back to work. Pretty good stuff actually.

Battleship ?/10
I mercifully fell asleep during this one around the 50 minute mark. Had all the characteristics of being an incredibly bad movie though.

The curious case of benjamin button 3/10
An attempt at making the world's least interesting film ever made. I think they pulled it off admirably.

I have seen others, i'm sure of it - but i forgot.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 02:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

prometheus lol /10 wow, just wow. Doesn't pull you in, doesn't care and neither did I. At times even the set and props looked like they where made by morons. Sliding doors that jerk like some moron is pulling them on a bed of cocks. And another instance, on that rover looking transporter , the door was opening and at one point one of the actors touched it on its way up and gave away the fact that it was made out of cardboard and pulled by string. Who the fuck doesn't do a second take when shit like that happens? A moron that's who.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 02:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali has bad taste again; Ryoki I loved The Hunter, the cinematography alone was worth it.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
You didn't know it was "a really shit film" until you saw it, but had already decided beforehand that you hated it. That's what I find weird, combined with immediately watching a shitty cam version asap of a film you had already taken such a strong negative stance against. It could have been the greatest cinematic masterpiece of the modern century and you'd have still found a reason to despise it. And you're not saving me any money, Bluray rips are free.

Anyway if you feel the need to strongly hate on so many films then go for your life, I'd rather just disregard or not watch movies I don't like. There's too many amazing films to appreciate on so many levels.

Yeah you're totally right. I've wasted all this time lamenting the creative stagnation of the movie industry when I could have spent it bitching about people's spelling.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 06:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 07:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thor - I really like this film/10

One of those films that isn't stand out in anyway, but I really like something about it (besides the hotness of both Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings)

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-15-2012 06:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Cabin In The Woods = 8/10 - Pretty damned cool and fucking twisted.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-18-2012 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Iron Sky was terrible :(

:tear: Haven't seen yet but was expecting more so I imagine I will be disappointed..

Saw the Bourne Legacy this afternoon.
Good effort filling in some previous holes and an enjoyable escape for sure.
Action, well done, story for-filling and a must see.... 8/10

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 01:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ted - 7/10
It's a rude talking teddy bear. ROFL.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 01:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Twelve Monkeys - 9/10 - great movie, pisspoor DVD transfer (blu ray was even worse, apparently)

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Hunger Games = 6/10 - Feels like it was written by a 14 year old girl for other 14 years old girls to watch. I have no idea why everyone says it's great when you could guess the entire story five seconds after the participants were announced. It's entertaining but it's been done many times before.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, that's another YA novel that didn't really work well as a film. for some reason books for/about teenage girls seem to always have a first person narrator so you can really spend some time slogging through their (generally moronic) angst and self-doubt (like omg he's cute but i already like the sparkly vampire but blah blah blah nobody understands the real me). in this case a lot of the exposition came from that narrator rather than through things that actually happen - probably a weakness in the writing - and the director really didn't find a good way to deal with it. but yeah, the main character wins. guess what, harry potter and luke skywalker also win! who would've guessed?!

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 06:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Raid Redemption 10/10

Quite possibly the best action film ever made. See this immediately (in the theatre if you can).

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 10:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
The Hunger Games = 6/10 - Feels like it was written by a 14 year old girl for other 14 years old girls to watch. I have no idea why everyone says it's great when you could guess the entire story five seconds after the participants were announced. It's entertaining but it's been done many times before.

I thought this film was a biopic about you.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought the same for you about Cock Gobblers #43: Homo Edition.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
yeah, that's another YA novel that didn't really work well as a film.

You mean I watched a fucking Twilight wanna-be? Oh christ that means they'll probably make at least 3 more. :down:

Thanks for letting me know to completely ignore this series from now on. :up:

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's a trilogy... i wouldn't say it's a Twilight wannabe (there are plenty of those out there... a whole sub-genre now called something clever like "paranormal romance"), just also aimed at girls in the 12-18 range. the books are actually quite violent but they elided a good deal to keep it PG13 and maximize profit. that also didn't help the adaptation. anyway, yeah. there will be two more movies and they won't be as good as #1. the longer it's drawn out the more absurd the "pretty girl who doesn't know she's pretty so she panics and gets neurotic whenever a boy talks to her" trope and her stupidly unrealistic paramilitary skills get.

ps- glad you enjoyed Cock Gobblers #43: Homo Edition

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what you're saying is you read alot of books aimed at girls in the 12-18 range and that you were in the cast of Cock Gobblers #43: Homo Edition?

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 10:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cock Gobblers #43: Homo Edition 9/10.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My last movie was Kill the Irishman. I love this kind of movies.

Oh, and this is my first post. Hello to all!

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 05:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck u...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 06:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally watched The Avengers last night, enjoyed it actually. Was quite good, nice to see a film with the Hulk in it that wasn't a flop.

Also caught Iron Sky recently, and I went in knowing that it was B movie bullshit, but came out smirking. Was great :) You can't beat a good popcorn flick.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
fuck u...

What's with the F word? Way to welcome someone!

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck off

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ciprian wrote:
What's with the F word? Way to welcome someone!

Hi friend and welcome to the forums!

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...now blow me.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 09:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sopranos Season 1: 8/10

Not a movie, but ah well. I'm really enjoying this. HBO GO on my Xbox is amazing. So many great shows. The Sopranos is really good. I see what all the fuss was about...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.