Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-27-2013 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe if you weren't such a bitter moron you'd understand.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-27-2013 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol the title of "Producer" used to mean something (bankroll, catering and generally making sure the project gets completed) but now it's just a name they add to the credits to earn brownie points and convince rubes to part with their money. It used to be the "Executive Producer" was just the name on the credits, but it seems now everyone outside of the actual Director and actual working cast and crew are dead weights and simply taking up chairs and sandwiches during production breaks...all while still cashing cheques.

Like Adam Sandler and his cynical "movie productions", Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are laughing all the way to the bank on this "remake".

Fuck Hollywood and fuck dumb Australians who defend shit movies and shit projects. :up:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-27-2013 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Life Of Pi = 6/10 - It was a mildly entertaining story about a kid in a boat with a tiger he didn't really get along with (and of course the predictable occurs and they make friends...wow...never saw that coming). I have a feeling from the pure nutball fantasy aspect of this story that it was no doubt written by some hack who worked on LOST.

I have no clue why everyone's jizzing their pants over this film. There's nothing special about it at all. Was it because it's trendy these days to get moist and give Oscars to films with Indian characters? The visual effects were indeed beautiful and no doubt deserved the Oscar for their work, but not every shot was well done and some of them look simply awful. I'm also guessing if it weren't for the recent layoffs at the Rhythm and Hues VFX studio that nobody would be really talking about it.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-27-2013 12:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
lol the title of "Producer" used to mean something (bankroll, catering and generally making sure the project gets completed) but now it's just a name they add to the credits to earn brownie points and convince rubes to part with their money. It used to be the "Executive Producer" was just the name on the credits, but it seems now everyone outside of the actual Director and actual working cast and crew are dead weights and simply taking up chairs and sandwiches during production breaks...all while still cashing cheques.

Like Adam Sandler and his cynical "movie productions", Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are laughing all the way to the bank on this "remake".

Fuck Hollywood and fuck dumb Australians who defend shit movies and shit projects. :up:

lol it must suck going through life where you so passionately hate on so much.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-27-2013 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No. It's just that "Executive Producer" has always been a bit of a joke: to get a "big name" attached regardless of them actually doing any work on it. Now it seems that the title of Producer is also becoming a bit of a joke as it relates to the overseeing of a project's...well...production, with people like Steven Spielberg reinforcing and proving my point over and over again. The guy shows up for a coffee on-set and everyone's suddenly claiming it's "A Steven Spielberg film".

There's nothing bitter in my pointing out the cynical way these morons all suck each other's dicks and, from sucking each other's dick's, water down their already-worthless projects just for the opportunity to rape the wallets of stupid people.

And are we really going to have this discussion again when it's obvious the remake of a movie will suck harder than the original regardless of who's attached? You know...like the same discussion we've had about nearly every remake that's come out this year and last?

You know...the part where I'm always right.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-27-2013 03:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't expect it to be as good as the original of course, I'm just hoping that it will be an entertaining horror film due to Raimi's involvement. And as usual I'll wait until I see it before I decide whether I like it or not.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-27-2013 04:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fair enough, but I would recommend you see it for free ("try before you buy") and if you think it deserves it THEN give it your money.

I hope I'm making my point clear that if morons blindly give money to these lazy assholes they'll just keep doing what they're doing. I, like you, am hoping it'll be an entertaining horror film, but remakes have shown "not to be trusted" to put it in a way and so far certainly don't deserve to be rewarded due to the blind apathy of brainless morons who insist on helping these hacks slowly ruin a fantastic and universal form of entertainment. Stand up for good cinema for a change.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 02-28-2013 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Life Of Pi = 6/10 - It was a mildly entertaining story about a kid in a boat with a tiger he didn't really get along with (and of course the predictable occurs and they make friends...wow...never saw that coming). I have a feeling from the pure nutball fantasy aspect of this story that it was no doubt written by some hack who worked on LOST.

I have no clue why everyone's jizzing their pants over this film. There's nothing special about it at all. Was it because it's trendy these days to get moist and give Oscars to films with Indian characters? The visual effects were indeed beautiful and no doubt deserved the Oscar for their work, but not every shot was well done and some of them look simply awful. I'm also guessing if it weren't for the recent layoffs at the Rhythm and Hues VFX studio that nobody would be really talking about it.

The thing that saves the movie is where it's revealed it was all in his head to deal with the cook killing and eating the sailor, then his mother, and him killing the cook in revenge without completely snapping.

Of course, this reveal would be 10x more interesting if it wasn't so fucking obviously revealed immediately by the reporter

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-28-2013 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Of course, this reveal would be 10x more interesting if it wasn't so fucking obviously revealed immediately by the reporter

Your post would be 10x more interesting if it wasn't about that film.

PostPosted: 02-28-2013 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

k

It was a nice 7/10 non-offensive watch

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-28-2013 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
The thing that saves the movie is where it's revealed it was all in his head to deal with the cook killing and eating the sailor, then his mother, and him killing the cook in revenge without completely snapping.

???

At the very end the writer reads the report from the Japanese insurance adjusters and they, too, chose to believe the story with the tiger.

Did we watch the same movie or was it an alternate ending mixup?

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-28-2013 01:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Your post would be 10x more interesting if it wasn't about that film.

My penis would be 10x more satisfied if it was in your anus.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-03-2013 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw Tron Legacy last night.

Not bad I thought so 8/10.

Googled for more info and found this, perhaps of interest?

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 03-03-2013 06:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amazing Spiderman. 8/10. I thought it was really good, mostly because spiderman is british and kosher like me.

I also think it's quite funny that the director is called Webb.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-05-2013 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gangster Squad = 4/10 - A not-so-rubbish-but-mostly-rubbish attempt at some wannabe Untouchables schlock. Some cool cinematography but a predictable, cliché and worn story coupled with bad dialogue and hammy acting of one-dimensional stock characters makes this film stink of poo.

A Good Day to Die Harder Another Day Somewhere Else Cause I'm On Vacation Or Somat = 1/10 - Fuck off with this shit. Bruce Willis looked almost as bored as I felt. 1 point for the hot chick.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-05-2013 10:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
..........1/10 - Fuck off with this shit. Bruce Willis looked almost as bored as I felt. 1 point for the hot chick.

I was looking forward to the new Bruce Willis movie :tear:

The Rotten Tomatoes review & trailer

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-06-2013 12:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it gets another point for making me want to see With A Vengeance again.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 05:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Master 6/10

Some really good, perhaps even impressive acting by Joaqim Phoenix and whatever the name was of the dude that played Ron Hubbard - but it wasn't enough to save this movie. It meanders all over the place, going from boring to inexplicable then zooming straight back to superboring like it just doesn't care. Left me wondering if they perhaps cut dozens of scenes that would have given purpose and direction to what seemed like a disjointed collection of scenes. Maybe it was just meant to be like this, a sort of not so very clever analogy to the general random pointlessness of existence and the futility of religion in healing the black holes in the chests of men where their hearts are supposed to be, but whatever.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oz the Great and Powerful - 4/10 - kids' movie with the expected "look, I'm in 3D" flourishes.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All Ten Hours of Game of Thrones Season Two - 10/10

not i movie but i'm counting the number of fucks i give about that fact and it comes to zero

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How does someone count to zero?

I realize insane programmers try to divide by zero, but how do you actually reach that number in your count?
Do you begin to count and then say,"Fuck it" and spark a joint? Cause that's how I do everything. :up:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 01:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Count backwards or count forward starting with negative numbers?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
All Ten Hours of Game of Thrones Season Two - 10/10

not i movie but i'm counting the number of fucks i give about that fact and it comes to zero

Such a badass.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-13-2013 12:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Count backwards or count forward starting with negative numbers?

ding

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-13-2013 12:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also, zero-based indices.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-13-2013 10:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Such a badass.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-13-2013 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Sitting here, doing nothing but pissing in the wind. If you' re female, feel free to message me and lift me from the dreary confines of my tiny little mind. Take me somewhere I haven't been. Take me to happiness. I' m looking for companionship, friendship, a partner for life. Here' s hoping the great WWW succeeds where "real" life has failed me so many times.. But then, how do you define "real"? As a poet once said "The only thing perfect in this world is Love..."

As a poet once said, "semencan is a desperate, old pedo" :(

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-17-2013 03:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skyfall - 4/10

The only gadget was a gun only he could fire? Lame. What happened to submarine cars and laser watches?

Villain was weak. No real plan and was just an off-kilter crybaby.

Too much Bond beating up men, not enough sexy women in minimal clothing.

Q was a scrawny douche.

I miss the over the top James Bond films with the cool weapons, crazy villains, and ridiculous plans.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-17-2013 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-18-2013 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet, but sounds like Bond got "real".

Don't think that's a good thing.
For instance, we already have the gritty Bourne series.
And Batman getting all dark and serious.

Good Bond movies always had that light, tongue in cheeck vibe.
Should maintain that vibe to distinguish itself.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-18-2013 08:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Haven't seen it yet, but sounds like Bond got "real".

Don't think that's a good thing.
For instance, we already have the gritty Bourne series.
And Batman getting all dark and serious.

Good Bond movies always had that light, tongue in cheeck vibe.
Should maintain that vibe to distinguish itself.

cheek.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-18-2013 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Hobbit - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, will watch again.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-19-2013 03:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hannah 8/10

Quirky Euro feel good action revenge movie, about a teenage girl kicking all sorts of arse. Reminded me of Lola Rennt, in a good way. Has some interesting camera angles and a director who loves doing entire scenes in one shot, which is something i dearly love - it adds a lot to the immersion and it's technically fucking awesome because that shit is hard.

Soundtrack by the Chemical Brothers, which is actually quite good. Loses a bit of tempo near the end, but that's okay, can't win em all.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-19-2013 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jack Reacher = 4.5/10 - Meh...the acting is fine, story is fine and it's a competently put together movie, it just feels cheap...like an NBC movie-of-the-week. The musical score was also distractingly bad and inappropriate at times. The film is trying to feel like The Pelican Brief, Conspiracy, Shooter and Primal Fear all in one...and it just sucks.

It's not horrible shit, but it's still shit. It's worth watching...I guess.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-31-2013 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Dark Knight Rises - 4/10 - a confused, chaotic, ideologically suspect clusterfuck of a movie without a single memorable scene, full of bargain basement dialogue and bumper sticker wisdom

also, there was no need to actually see Bruce at the end. that dumbfuck Christopher Nolan could have just left us with the look on Alfred's face. the guy's either seriously losing his edge or made a creative decision to aim the movie squarely at the lowest-common-denominator mentally retarded

so disappointing :down:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.