Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Who wants some new Quake4 textures?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Who wants some new Quake4 textures?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You do, assbutt.

You like?

http://www.lunaran.com/files/q4power.zip

I didn't make a map with them this time, but don't let that stop you. A lot of stuff in this pak will accept a color key if you put it on a func_static, namely all the glowy crap, so don't browse the list in the editor and feel like you're stuck with the presets. More info is in the readme.

oh yeah: There's a new weapon spawnpad .lwo in the pak but KFS says he can't get it to show up in the model browser. It's there, though - models/mapobjects/power/pad.lwo - if you want to place it by force.

~ Lun

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa! Very nice. :)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well done. Are those worms or wires in that second one?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That is the token "mess of cables and stuff" texture for putting underneath the token "askance floor panel."

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These textures were great for Quake 3, and still look the part with those images there. Really nice work. Shame I don't do level design so much anymore, and I don't play Quake 4 at all so have no push to make a map for it :(

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New textures, yay.

...and my map with them still remains unfinished, boo :(

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 09:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nuhice.

I spy Q2.

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 06-11-2006 09:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looking good lunaran!

honestly though who expects less from god's gift to the mod community

edit: you make me want to make a map for q4 now--you should show these to ken I bet he would feel the same way lol

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 03:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lun unlike the Stock Quake 4 textures, these are like something straight from Q2 itself. It just has the exact style Quake 4 needed :( Nice job!

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 04:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

That's your mums ovaries.

Z

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 06:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zombie13 wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

That's your mums ovaries.

Z

:(

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice...

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed us !

Just when im searching for theme I could use in my new map. thx

I heard you used another technique then for the stock textures ?
Any chance to enlighten us on this ?
:drool:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great looking textures. That second shot has an H.R. Giger feel to it... creepy in a good way.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay. I put an addon.conf in the pk4 because I thought it was necessary for some reason. /me looks at andrew

well, if the textures aren't showing up in the editor, that's why. Delete addon.conf from the pack and they should work fine.

gg id!

Dr4ch: use a different technique? I didn't do any of the stock textures so I probably did, but I couldn't enlighten you as to what I may have done differently. q4 had zillions of texture artists. dozens even. possibly several. I just photoshopped around with different photosources on layers until I had a really good looking material and just took sections to make each texture.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 06-12-2006 10:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice but lowres.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-13-2006 03:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just can't resist it. I don't play Quake 4, and I'm bound to make poor game play, but I must make a map just to use these textures. Hopefully part way through I'll do what I do with most of my map: start not to like them and chuck them away, but I've got to at least do something.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-13-2006 10:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DEAR JESUS I LOVE YOU

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.